Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just bought a 2001 Honda Civic EX, Automatic, 4D. What should I buy for it first? I have about 1500 dollars, and I am going to get a spoiler, euro-taillights, and HID headlights. I want the best performance parts for my money. So, does anyone know of a good site to buy parts? Any suggestions on what I should buy? Well, email me at [email protected] if you have any advice. Thanks

· Registered
547 Posts
Sorry to break it to u, but uve bascially already spent your 1500 bucks if u plan on getting the spoiler (200, unpainted), Tail lights (200) if you get the legit and at least 500 for HID's. So Basically you just spent all your money. If I were u, i would forget the tail lights and the HID, that will free up about 700-800 bucks for a GOOD exhaust and intake.

· Registered
547 Posts
the ones they sell on Ebay are xenon filled bulbs with a blue outer coating, HID are high intensity discharge bulbs that come on TL's, benz's, and beamers. They also are Xenon filled, but they are powered differently, dont ask me how, i just know they arent the same :eek:)

· Registered
766 Posts
get rims first....something 7 spoke ...like motegi mr7s

· Registered
12 Posts
Your gonna have to wait on the performance parts. The 7thgen doesn't get too much gains in its current state e.g. (dc sports header +dac intake+ dc twin canister) only adds a pathetic 6-8 horsepower all together. If you were to get any performance mods they would basically be for show.

The reason why those Acura, bmw, lexus (real HID's) are so expensive is because even though its lumenosity is up to three times brighter than any regular halogen (including the blue colored bulbs) while only using half as much as energy (an average of 35 watts at warmup and lower after initial settling) by means of a ballast. Because the bulbs have no burning filament, just a quarts arc glass filled with a mixture of chemicals its lifespan can most commonly outlast that of the vehicle itself. If you wanna check out the most up to date parts for you 2001 honda civic check out this site in the parts listing www.2k1civic.com

· Registered
200 Posts
ok, don't get the "euro" tailights... those are un-:cool:... i would start lowering it and some rims, then depending on what oyu want out of it, say power on stock engine, do some basic bolts ons lie exhaust, header, intake, some ignition work.... keep your auto, be original, just make it fast :):)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.