Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a 97 Civic EX, 5 spd. I know there is a load of stuff you can do to them, however, i dont know where exactly to start. I just turned 17, and kinda just got into tuning within the last year or so. I started doing some tuning on a supra that i own, i got a JDM motor installed w/ header and so on... But...im here for Civic stuff, not supra. :D I want my car to be fast, and i have decided to go performance over looks, at least for now, i dont just want to be some kid with a civic with ground effects, i want the balls to back it up! I WANT A SLEEPER! So, whatever advice you guys can give me, i would be really appreciative. Thanks!!

-<Andy>-

·
Registered
189 Posts
You didn't really post up a projected budget, but you are 17, so I'd say save up about $2g's and get yourself a nice turbo setup. That should make all the power you need. That's really the only cost effective way to make your stock D-series quick...

If you have a deeper wallet, the possibilities are endless....

·
Registered
167 Posts
where do you wanna go with it? do ya wanna go FI or keep it N/A?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Bizwhap said:
You didn't really post up a projected budget, but you are 17, so I'd say save up about $2g's and get yourself a nice turbo setup. That should make all the power you need. That's really the only cost effective way to make your stock D-series quick...

If you have a deeper wallet, the possibilities are endless....
ya i agree a turbo is the way to go, but he'll need more than 2k for it. 3k is more like it. the turbo kit itself costs around 2k, plus you need a clutch and a bunch of other junk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys, thanks for all your replies!! sorry, by the end of next year, i will have about 8g or so. Since, you guys are saying turbo, what brand? How much boost should i run it at? And how much of an increase does this supply in speed, hp, and torque? I was also thinking of a GSR engine swap....but if i went that route, would i need a civic turbo setup, or an Integra GSR setup? thanks again!! =)

Andy

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I got a D-16, and I boosted it for under a grand. its not as hard as people think. the only expensive part is the fuel management.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts