Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So my clutch went out yesterday and I have to get a new one. The shop told me it would be about $250 for labor and about $200 for parts. I told them I awas going to get the parts offline and bring them to 'em. I found a kit on ebay with a nkk clutch slightly stronger than stock and a 9.5 lbs exedy flywheel. Its about $300. Anyone have any recomendations?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
never heard of nkk. you might want to stick with something thats more reputable like ACT, Exedy, Centerforce.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What do you guys think about the exedy stage 1 with an 11lbs fly wheel i just picked one up since i heard alot of good things about it anybody have any personal experience. One guy told me he was able to pull about 150 drag runs on his exedy clutch and it was still gripping well. so what do you guys think about it.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
stick with the more reliable brands...ACT is my preference, but thats just me...my buddy is a centerforce addict... and if its advertised as "slightly stronger" that means it may or may not be but its not worth extra money... you need a clutch that advertises with hard numbers that they gaurantee...then if it fails you can get your next one free...

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hobie237 said:
stick with the more reliable brands...ACT is my preference, but thats just me...my buddy is a centerforce addict... and if its advertised as "slightly stronger" that means it may or may not be but its not worth extra money... you need a clutch that advertises with hard numbers that they gaurantee...then if it fails you can get your next one free...
its actually cheaper than one from the shop would be. Im getting the nkk clutch and an exedy flywheel for $312 shipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts