Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for this and i have found some stuff out but i just need one thing answered. my clutch is slipping and i am going to have to get a new clutch. i went to clutch city online and they have a standard exedy clutch for my 94 ls for 187.00 and they also have a ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate w/ Street Disc Kit clutch for 349.00. I plan on leaving my car stock for now besides maybe I/H/E, so which clutch would be better or are there other better clutches out there. thanks

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
The exedy will be fine for your setup...its not that much of a drag clutch but will give you more clamping power than that of a stock clutch.

You can also look into the ACT clutch you stated, but I feel the exedy will suit your needs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
since im in need of a new clutch also ill just post here. anyway i recently installed a 55 shot of nitrous in my car and the clutch slips sometimes. i think its the origional factory clutch. its has 136K miles on it rite now. well i was looking at clutch masters stage 1 clutch and im wondering if this clutch would be enough for my setup. it says it has 70% more holding capacity over a stock clutch and says its good for bolt-ons and a 50 shot. so if i plan on adding more power then would the clutch still hold? wuts the best clutch for my car? i dont plan on having any more than about 200-250hp. thanx for any help.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Or you can buy a toda clutch from me =)

Clutch/flywheel set (full face) $970

Clutch/flywheel set (3 puck) $960

Flywheel (3.9 kg.) $450

Full face clutch $520

3 Puck clutch $510

all toda

·
Registered
24 Posts
sup all, i had clutch problems the other day too... tomorrow im gonna take my car in the shop and get my new clutch installed... Im getting a clutchmaster stage 3 clutch. I currently had a stage 2 but now upgrading. I thought stage 3 would be too harsh, but the guy said it would be fine for my setup and the clutch will grab a lot quicker and should be ok as long as i break it in correctly. and i know hes not just trying to make money off of me cause stage 2 and stage 3 clutch are the same prices, and i've known this guy for a while now... so in a nut shell im paying $522.00 for the clutch and $100.00 for installation which is a lot cheaper than other prices i was given at other shops like pepboys, my local mechanic, acura... so yepp... one bad thing led to a good thing

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
ok kool thanx. thats the cheapest one i found so far. clutch masters is around 350 and act was like 350-400 or something i forgot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts