Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a crx and the guy i bought it from said everything was stock except the i/e/h well i was cleaning it up a bit a saw the block was stamped zc? well did they make a sohc non *****h zc? or do i have a *****h and its just not wired up? what should i look for to see what kind of top end i have? the vin show 88 crx si, but this is not an a6. if this is a zc block with a6 top (stupid, if thats possible) could i put a y8 on there? I not sure if that makes complete sense but maybe someone understands? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
gold88crxsi said:
i just bought a crx and the guy i bought it from said everything was stock except the i/e/h well i was cleaning it up a bit a saw the block was stamped zc? well did they make a sohc non *****h zc? or do i have a *****h and its just not wired up? what should i look for to see what kind of top end i have? the vin show 88 crx si, but this is not an a6. if this is a zc block with a6 top (stupid, if thats possible) could i put a y8 on there? I not sure if that makes complete sense but maybe someone understands? Thanks.
i'm not understanding? i know you have a zc, but are you asking if you have a vtec head and it not wired up. Yes you can put a y8 head or z6 head on it, and yes zc come in sohc, dohc. If you put a vtec head on it, you'll notice the difference.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
if its a ZC it should say d16a8 or d16zc or just ZC

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Yes, there were SOHC non-VTEC engines stamped "ZC." The SOHC non-VTEC has 118hp and is nearly identical to the D16A6.

ksniperfox said:
if its a ZC it should say d16a8 or d16zc or just ZC
If it is a ZC, it will be stamped "ZC." Nothing else. Hence why it is called a ZC.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Targa250R said:
Yes, there were SOHC non-VTEC engines stamped "ZC." The SOHC non-VTEC has 118hp and is nearly identical to the D16A6.

If it is a ZC, it will be stamped "ZC." Nothing else. Hence why it is called a ZC.
im pretty sure ive seen a ZC motor stamped d16a8. it came into work last week in a civic. i did the emissions on it(failed). it was dohc and was stamped just like the way i said. ive never heard of a8 before either but i double checked it and thats what it said. and dohc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
89 CRX Si automatic/ZC motor

My team made a automatic crx si for my girlfriend. We put a zc sohc engine and we are looking for sway bars and struts bars. Any strut bars out there that don't require cutting up the rear interior to install ? [email protected] I'm also looking for honda mechanics in the Tampa area for part time work. :w00t :number1 :lol2 :clap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.