Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
My 1st rig I ever built back in like 1996 had an asus Mobo in it and some other stuff, fucker still worked when I finally upgraded (and yes I know this is sad) in 2003. Thats 7 years of nothing but functionality from a mobo. Granted it was nothing super powerful, P1, 200mhz, 4mb S3 Graphics chip, fucking 128mb of ram and a 5 gig HD, fucker was SUPER powerful obviously :lol

But it served me well. I remember when I first built it I was the shit. I had fucking USB and a Zip drive, and that was some of the coolest shit around in 96-97!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Best form factor ever:

I just don't understand why IBM/Lenovo hasn't made a PROPER netbook competitor. These old laptops were absolutely amazing, but 75mhz just doesn't cut it any more.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
...I just don't understand why IBM/Lenovo hasn't made a PROPER netbook competitor. These old laptops were absolutely amazing, but 75mhz just doesn't cut it any more.
Lenovo focuses on marketing to business customers. Netbooks are geared towards non-business usage. That's why you don't see Lenovo being sold with frilly stuff like Windows XP home, Quicken personal tax preparation, Dora the Explorer video learning games, and home video editing programs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts