1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
i just ripped Ultraviolet fine with RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter.

download RipIt4Me here:
http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

when you start the program there is a "Downloads" menu. DVD Decrypter is mandatory. Not sure about the others. Use that to download DVD Decrypter and FixVTS. Download DVD Shrink if you want to.

here is the tutorial on how to use the program. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS:
http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html#running

If you just want to rip it to your comp and use whatever program you want to compress than you can stop at Step 4. Just click on the "Done" Button.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
i just ripped Ultraviolet fine with RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter.

download RipIt4Me here:
http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

when you start the program there is a "Downloads" menu. DVD Decrypter is mandatory. Not sure about the others. Use that to download DVD Decrypter and FixVTS. Download DVD Shrink if you want to.

here is the tutorial on how to use the program. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS:
http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html#running

If you just want to rip it to your comp and use whatever program you want to compress than you can stop at Step 4. Just click on the "Done" Button.

oh ok..so there is something different from that dvd compared to others?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
see dvdfab is suppoed to remove the new copy protection too but didint

You need to update it. You must of uncheck the box where it checks for update automactily or something because mine seems to update everytime I need to use it. dvdfab updates like every week or something for the new sony dvd that comes out every week. I was able to copy ultraviolet on the first day that it came out without a problem with dvd fab with the update.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SuperAkuma said:
You need to update it. You must of uncheck the box where it checks for update automactily or something because mine seems to update everytime I need to use it. dvdfab updates like every week or something for the new sony dvd that comes out every week. I was able to copy ultraviolet on the first day that it came out without a problem with dvd fab with the update.
i have the newest fab and it didnt work..so fab has a direct copy dvd to dvd ad i did that and somehow it only got the beginning and end of movie..lost many chapters in between...wierd

but with the ripitform program i have it all done and ripped with my dvddecrypter...then once it ask for me to do something with dvdshrink and some kinda fixtvts is that an optional thing or required?

i couldnt get that part to work.

so i just stopped right after dvd decrypter and started using my clonedvd to burn. it looks like its processing the movie now.

gotta wait another 45 mins to finish up. illl let u know

thanks

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it actually possible now to backup copyrighted dvds directly?

from dvd straight to dvd..instead of ripping to hard drive den burn to disk?

my clonedvd program and my gold dvdfab shows it can do it. havent tried it yet though.

trying to back up my 24 seasons now.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
whos backed up hostel before?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

do i really need to do this? im getting an error with the ripit4me setup once i start to burn with my clonedvd
use dvdfab only. there's no reason, as far as i can tell, to use ripit4me. i look through the guide from that link and i don't see anything different that they did to break any protection. they use VOB Blanker to get rid of unwanted stuff such as FBI Warnings and Previews. I use VOB Blanker to do the same. It's a good program to have. Other than that, it looks like all they did was rip, vob blanked and transcode. the transcoding stage you can use watever you want i.e. dvdshrink, nero recode, clonedvd.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
use dvdfab only. there's no reason, as far as i can tell, to use ripit4me. i look through the guide from that link and i don't see anything different that they did to break any protection. they use VOB Blanker to get rid of unwanted stuff such as FBI Warnings and Previews. I use VOB Blanker to do the same. It's a good program to have. Other than that, it looks like all they did was rip, vob blanked and transcode. the transcoding stage you can use watever you want i.e. dvdshrink, nero recode, clonedvd.
so this is different from ultra violet? ultra need to use the fixit4me den it burned fine so i though hostel needed this as well. i ran into an error when i tried it using ripit4me...once i started the burn it closed out with error. ill try dvdfab now.

im doing a dvdfab rip right now and ill try to burn it after

what do you think is going on?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
Ultraviolet uses the ARccOS copy protection which ripit4me can break. maybe Hostel use a copy protection that doesn't work with ripit4me.
i did a search and it did say hostel, dick and jane, and ultrviolet are three movies that trouble people.

i read the new underworld is the same too but i was able to back up the main movie only which was weird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.