Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, yesterday i had this eclipse cd3000 installed in my 98 lude. the sound is great and i got the optional ipod interface adapter so i can control my ipod from the head unit. its pretty sweet, it just takes a long time to scroll and find what you want to listen to. overall, im pretty happy.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I was looking at that HU and was gonna preorder it from crutchfield because they said it was detachable face plate. I almost nutted on myself, but after looking at the website and asking the "insider" they all said crutchfield was wrong, only the bottom line CD1000(WHY????) and the top of the line CD7000 had it. I was willing to buy it even thought it looks like $hit(sorry) if it had a detatchable face. and I cant image spending $700 for a single HU.

btw, how does that mini GPS thing work on that deck? I know you have to upload the data from a CD first, but do you have to change or press something after you make a turn or is there something that will know.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i have the 8455 and spent $600 on the HU ;) . anyways, if the cd7000 is anything like the like my 8455 the basic gps system or "basic area shot" as they call it. you download the directions onto a memory stick. once you do that then you upload to the eclipse hu. thats it. the eclipse hu will show basic directions like "turn right," then "turn left." but you can upgrade by buying the gps unit. its just a more detailed gps than the basic area shot.

i think if you want everything in one chassis in terms of processing, nothing can beat the eclipse cd7000.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SuperAkuma said:
I was looking at that HU and was gonna preorder it from crutchfield because they said it was detachable face plate. I almost nutted on myself, but after looking at the website and asking the "insider" they all said crutchfield was wrong, only the bottom line CD1000(WHY????) and the top of the line CD7000 had it. I was willing to buy it even thought it looks like $hit(sorry) if it had a detatchable face. and I cant image spending $700 for a single HU.

btw, how does that mini GPS thing work on that deck? I know you have to upload the data from a CD first, but do you have to change or press something after you make a turn or is there something that will know.
i bought mine at circuit city for 250. i figured i was getting ass fucked with the price, but i also figured i wouldnt be able to get much better of a deal...until i saw this post. 700?!?!?!?! no fucking way! im not made out of money! if that was the price in crutchfield, never buy from them again. lol.

anyway, i can tell you for sure that it DOES NOT have a detachable faceplate. it has a security program in it that you can set up. basically you put in a certain cd and when someone jacks your shit it requires you to put that same cd in in order for you to use it. soooo, if the thief is dumb, they call fujitsu ten, and they call the cops. also, fujitsu ten has a replacement warranty that covers theft for one year (it comes with it, no extra charge).

misterassman52 said:
i have the 8455 and spent $600 on the HU . anyways, if the cd7000 is anything like the like my 8455 the basic gps system or "basic area shot" as they call it. you download the directions onto a memory stick. once you do that then you upload to the eclipse hu. thats it. the eclipse hu will show basic directions like "turn right," then "turn left." but you can upgrade by buying the gps unit. its just a more detailed gps than the basic area shot.

i think if you want everything in one chassis in terms of processing, nothing can beat the eclipse cd7000.
this is correct. the area shot thing works off of a cd, not all units have a memory stick slot. i havent used it yet myself, but the guy at circuit city demoed it for me and its just a little arrow on the display that directs you which way to go and the directions scroll on the screen. its a pretty neat function but its probably quicker to just print off the directions from google.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts