Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have an F22B 2.2 VTEC in my 97 Accord EX coupe...It's ok. Like everybody else out there, I was thinking about more power. I could either: A. Buy a Stage-3 turbo system for the F22B...B. Swap for an H22 and then put on a turbo...C. Swap for a V6 and put on a twin turbo. I am completely lost! I would love it if you threw me some opinions and facts here! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since the front end of the factory 5th gen V6 is about 3" longer (to provide room for the larger engine) than a comparable I4, it is going to pretty difficult and probably cost $$$$ for you to stuff a V6 into your engine bay. Also, take it from me, aftermarket performance parts for the 5th gen V6 are extremely rare.

It is a really good, smooth, reliable engine, though. IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea, I have a 5th gen V6 and the C27 has almost nothing for aftermarket support for it, and good luck finding a way to turbo it, im sure one exists somewhere, but so far I have yet to see a turbo'd C27, supercharger might be more probable for the engine, but it would all have to be custom. but yea, you would have to extend the front end of the 4cyl accord about 3 inches to even fit the v6...so just go with a turbo on the f22 or get the h22 swap :)

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I hear that putting an H22 in the 5th gen V6 also makes for good weight distribution, since the front end is 3 inches longer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
yeah i have the v6 accord(c27) hes right. absolutley NO upgrades for it. i dont think they even make a full exhaust system for it. i KNOW they dont make headers. and i am positive they dont make turbos, let alone twin turbo. my engine bay is so crowed their is no possible way to do it. believe me i have looked for about a year now for someone who can turbo this damn thing and nothin. i deffantly would not get the c27.... but if you want it ill sell you mine ;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
no current swap kits available for v6 to i4. much fabrication needed for engine mounts. other than that engine would sit behind the front axle. Honda used to race v6 chassis, race prepped h22, Accords in the European Touring Car Championships.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts