Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to swap engines and i have 2 in mind. the b16a2 and the h22a. which would be better and what all parts are going to be needed?i am getting tranny, ecu and wire harness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did a b16a in my 93 hatch about 2 months ago. I have enjoyed it, but I will soon be going h2b instead. I need more low down power. The b16 is awesome up top, but down low, its a dog. I am going h2b becaue I can use my b16a tranny/axles/mounts with a h22a longblock. Its going to be a fun ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A friend of mine swapped an H22A into an EG hatch and even though he said it was a big headache he loved it. He couldn't stop talking about how much he loved the power difference. It's a badass ride no doubt about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what part difference am i looking at on these 2 engines? all i know is the h22 pushes more horse but the b16 will slide right in. I also was told that the h22 takes alot of mods to the engine mounts,etc. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
B16A: Drops right in, as stated. Engine mounts like right up, wiring harness is easy to do, just add 3 wires and run them to the shock towers, then to the ecu, and ground one other. Very simple swap with some good results.

H22A: The route I am going is the H2B. I will be using my y21(lsd) short geared b16 tranny and axles, with a h22a longblock. If you do not do the h2b, you have to get special mounts, hack up the interior of the car for the mounting of the cable shifter, possibly have axle binding issues. Also you may need to wire a resistor box inline for the injectors because they are peak and hold on a h22, while ours are saturated. It is much easier to just wire up some 370cc saturated injectors and not have to have the ugly resistor box.

Feel free to email me with more questions([email protected])

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.