Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MySpace.com

Has anyone even heard of this coming out oh oh there goes the prices for more import cars.....

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops sorry I don't really go threw any other threads kinda excited about it just not too excited to see how much the price of the cars in the movie will go up like in the first one. don't really know about different areas but my area the prices of honda's and eclipse or really any car protrayed as a tuner double and in the eclipse case 4 times there value in a month.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
oops sorry I don't really go threw any other threads kinda excited about it just not too excited to see how much the price of the cars in the movie will go up like in the first one. don't really know about different areas but my area the prices of honda's and eclipse or really any car protrayed as a tuner double and in the eclipse case 4 times there value in a month.
That seems pretty dumb considering anyone who was actually into the scene would already know what kind of cars are considered "tuner" cars. Now I know that in a lot of places the value of 240s have increased with the popularity of drifting on the rise. But I haven't really noticed many cars increasing in value per se. Honda's have always held their value well because they're well built cars. Eclipses, on the other hand, Lord knows why their value would increase. Unless you get a 4-bolt you're pretty much screwed anyways...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope there aren't too many civics in there. The first fast and furious made everyone think civics are fast. Hope this one is more realistic.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i do believe the main car is a new wrx hatch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dead ass serious anyone that had a talon or eclipse turbo price jump a couple grand, and honda's being sold for a grand more it finally started to level out now but I remember getting civics for around 5 bills. Demo cars are pretty popular around my old area, and there is a four cylinder class thats why I noticed. And around the time of the release of the first F&F the prices jumped. and your right 240 prices have risen also. and when I say tuner you see people posting shitty ass "tuner" cars online and they always say perfect this swap or F&F style car. Its pretty fucking annoying getting told what you can do to a car that you already know more about then the jackass that is selling it because vin deisel drove it in F&F so that makes every asshole know about the import scene................................... I need a beer and cig

·
Registered
909 Posts
dead ass serious anyone that had a talon or eclipse turbo price jump a couple grand, and honda's being sold for a grand more it finally started to level out now but I remember getting civics for around 5 bills. Demo cars are pretty popular around my old area, and there is a four cylinder class thats why I noticed. And around the time of the release of the first F&F the prices jumped. and your right 240 prices have risen also. and when I say tuner you see people posting shitty ass "tuner" cars online and they always say perfect this swap or F&F style car. Its pretty fucking annoying getting told what you can do to a car that you already know more about then the jackass that is selling it because vin deisel drove it in F&F so that makes every asshole know about the import scene................................... I need a beer and cig
its people not calling people out on that shit in public thats allows that attitude in the first place. and i personally feel that anyone even mentioning that shitty ass movie(or any in the series should be banned and then tortured for a few days).

those movies did nothing but cast an already un-easy eye on real tuners from the police.

all it accomplished was a fake portrail of what a street race is. neons??? neutral flames 5 foot long??? playing ps2 before you race for 6k and an 80k:lmao eclipse???? please someone put a slug in my head.

and ill break my own rule this one time to say the lead car is the r34 skyline from the second one. no awd, a 50 shot, and only 350 rwhp. the fucking s2000 was faster with a jrsc kit.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
the only part i liked of the second one was the skyline

i hated 1 and 2

i liked 3 it was a decent movie.

i will watch the 4th cause lets face it han was badass and they should have built his character up before just killing him off like that

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I didn't think the original was too horrible when it first came out. Yeah, there was waaayyyyyy too much emphasis on neons, exhaust flames, and other nonsense; but at the time I was just happy to see the mainstream media recognizing that our passion was becoming popular. Now I watch it and cringe :lookedat: 2F2F was easily the worst of the group, and seriously one of the worst movies I've ever seen (Nacho Libre is up there too.) I actually like the 3rd one for the most part. Yes it had it's moments that made you want to bash in the producers head, but for the most part it was decent. I definitely look forward to the return of Han, he was a chill ass dude. I'll go see it in theaters, but not on opening weekend when the parking lot is full of minute (1/4 mile) rice. Although it actually might be kinda fun to show all those teeny bopper douches what an import looks like when done right - assuming I have it looking more complete by the time 4F4F arrives in theaters :number1

·
Registered
909 Posts
i say this about the third one. the only reason it was half-way decent(Bashes self in head with bar stool), was because the director recognized what was being said about the series by real people who do it like us, and in an effort to redeem them, brought in like 5-6 actual d1gp drifters to do the scenes, including j.r. gitten, and nomuken and such. so the real drifting scenes in the movie(yes the 350 going up the circle ramp was real) are good looking because it was done by the best in the business. that said, i still think the whole concept was good. but the movie was once again poorly executed and the actors were absolutely fucking terrible besides han, and dk imo

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
from reports they didn't need to redo a drift scene. thats probably the best thing about the 3rd real drift legends, doing what they do best

·
Registered
909 Posts
from reports they didn't need to redo a drift scene. thats probably the best thing about the 3rd real drift legends, doing what they do best
thats EXACTLY what it was. the 1st and 2nd had actors in driving classes trying to make it look good. =fail by the way. the 3rd one was people who do nothing but see how close they can get to a wall at 100 mph for shits and giggles. :number1

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I felt almost like they ruined the shot of the 350 going up the ramp cuz they didn't show multiple/better angles, or at least have shown something on the dvd. Same thing when Han is doin 360s around them chicks in the Skyline, you could tell from the skidmarks that he'd done it way more than the number of times they showed. Both those stunts could have been shown in a better fashion, but they were both killer so I let it go...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
For the love of fucking Christ...Another damn FF?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts