Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
i personaly think the high gloss black finish stands out to much.just my opinion.. looks like you did a good job...

now if only i would get around to finishing my trunk. i started glassing a frame ... had bad weather so i made a box.. just for temp..and never got around to finishing it.....

did u replace the speakers on theb ack deck under the window?... my 6.5's wont fit they are to deep.. so i am, thinking about filling the holes and doing something like what you did with your 6x9's but more hidden.. or maybe even just putting them in the doors and just having subs and my componant kits..

either way... my personal opinion... paint them to match the interior colour and i think they would look sick... props

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yeah pointless backseats..but yeah i was thinking of doing that but i spent so much freakin time making it perfectly smooth and have no little holes..its a shame to just put a textured paint on it to match the interior. but we'll see. And they actually are a pretty good armrest believe it or not. lol thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
701 Posts
crdcz03 said:
id rather let my passengers put their arm there

*waits for "no one ever sits in my back seat" response*

people always sit in my backseat.... so im ripping it out and glassing 2 more subs there .. haha :rolleyes and i will end up making my car turbo just to make up for the extra weight

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
rickgaskell said:
people always sit in my backseat.... so im ripping it out and glassing 2 more subs there .. haha :rolleyes and i will end up making my car turbo just to make up for the extra weight
Please tell me your being sarcastic.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah that shit looks pretty good... a less glossy finish (kinda match to the black interior parts already there) might look better... but I dunno.

either way, hot shit.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
very nice job.

Like the others said, a little less glossy and it would be great. I suggest some satin black paint....or my first choice would actually by some black vinyl/leather.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
rickgaskell said:
yes that was sarcasm.. im thinking about taking my 2 alpine type R;s out and selling them. to gangstuh for me.. plus.. they are a ton each.. plus amp
Damn if they were 12s i'd be really interested in one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah it was 5 layers of fiberglass, a bunch of bondo to get the finish perfect, so much glazing puddy, and 3 coats of primer, 3 of the matching black of the car, and 4 clearcoat. Thanks for all the reps guys.. I spent so much time getting the glossy clearcoat right, but i might just go with a textured paint to better match the interior or go with a less gloss paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.