Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine who said you need a new fuel pump when adding a zex kit. He said it was to make sure it is pumping with enough pressure and not dirty. Has anyone else heard this?

· Registered
48 Posts
nope. i was running a 75 shot of zex on my car with no problems. i had a nearly stock motor. all i had at the time were AEM CAI and DC headers. thats it. but you will have to retard your timing back 2 degrees for 55 shot and 4 degrees for 75 shot. but if you just want to place safe, you might want to get a fuel pressure regulator. always play safe then sorry. i didn't, and maybe you aren't as lucky as me. :D

Jay

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guy. I've had my kit on for about three weeks without any problems but he had me worried for a minute.

· Registered
305 Posts
contact Matt Patrick at Zex. He's a really nice guy and very helpful. He'll tell you when you really need to upgrade the fuel pump with his kits. email him at the zex.com website.

He won't like me saying this but the NOS fuel pump is a good choice...better than the Walbro high pressure fuel pump which craps out pretty early when the FP goes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.