Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my gf's g2 teg was totaled last week, so we just got a 97 GS sedan tonite.... motor has 91K, fully loaded, moonroof, automatic, light green exterior, black interior and leather seats... condition is excellent.. paint still glossy, and all maintaince records were kept... however, i have a couple questions:

1. the steering wheel feel kinda heavy.... heavier than my 99 accord and 92 integra.... is tht normal??

2. one of the rear windows doesn't work.... he said it was the regulator going bad cos it wasn't used for a long time.... how much is it to fit tht? do i need to replace the whole regulator and motor?

thanx for looking! :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If motor works, then it can be heard, as in trying to push up and down. And if regulator is seized, then thats whats going to sound like.

When you pull the regulator out, you can easily check the motor. Just plug the harness back in and power it to see if its working. If it is, then replace the regulator and call it a day. Otherwise, look into a new motor as well.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I think the timing is at 90k, please check again to verify. Its always a nice measure to change it. At least now you feel good about knowing it'll last for some more miles without worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.