Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Vehicle is Stolen Every 25 Seconds in the U.S. Will You be the Next Victim? Now Available to the Public is a Global Positioning System (GPS), Which Will Catch These Criminals in the Act

FORT COLLINS, Colo., Feb. 14 -- According to FBI statistics, over 1.2 million vehicles were reported stolen in the U.S. in 2003. If the trend holds true, this figure increases every year. Most stolen vehicles are never recovered.

Rocky Mountain Tracking, Inc., one of the world's leading distributors of Vehicle Tracking Systems, has added an amazing new model of GPS to the market. Now available, the LandAirSea 7100 Real-Time Vehicle Tracking and Recovery System will instantly track the location of a stolen vehicle.

Using the latest satellite and web-based technology, the 7100 will track a vehicle from the comfort of ones own home or office. For only 25 cents (and no monthly fees), the user can know where the vehicle is and even disable the engine -- simply by logging into the Internet! The 7100 also offers the ability to give notification if the vehicle's airbag is deployed or if the alarm is activated.

Most GPS Real-Time Tracking Systems are tracked through a cellular service locking a user into a contract with monthly fees. The 7100 is unique because there are no minimum usage requirements. Tracking from the Internet provides a more affordable, reliable, and user-friendly service! The 7100 offers live tracking, including: location, speed, direction of travel, date and time. The maps and activity reports provide detailed information about a vehicles travel activities.

The 7100 empowers an individual with the latest technology that once only the police used and the wealthy could afford. Now one can be assured that if their vehicle is stolen, they can recover it without spending a fortune, increasing their insurance rates, or forever losing their valuable assets.

Source: Auto channel
Cool i guess. But it is one of those techs that are suspect to abuse if it ever got into the wrong hands. I hate having bugs or anything of that sort in anything of mine...not that i'm a conspiracy theorist or anything:D. Something tracking your every movement...your speed, etc....

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
On-Star uses GPS to track stolen vehicles.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
5.0 said:
Cool i guess. But it is one of those techs that are suspect to abuse if it ever got into the wrong hands. I hate having bugs or anything of that sort in anything of mine...not that i'm a conspiracy theorist or anything:D. Something tracking your every movement...your speed, etc....
lolz...everything just has a good side and a "bad" side... :D :D
but u rather drive slow than losing ur car to some azzholes right? lolz

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I've seen 1st hand Tele-Trac get a car back, so if the GPS is more accurate then that, I guess it's a good thing. (Unless a stalker can find a way to track you via the GPS, On-Star sells your consumer profile to a commercial venture, etc.)

·
Registered
794 Posts
How does this compare to Lo Jack. I mean I know we cannot track the car personally with Lo Jack, but doesn't Lo Jack uses satellite to find your car also?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
its old news some car rental companies in canada used this system to track the customer so they know whether the customer go drive out from the designated zone. and yeah they used this to track thieves. In europe parents can track their kid using the cellphone via sattelite same thing like using GPS
dats why the onli thing i love about GM is the Onstar system. No wonder Honda want the Onstar system in acura.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Kane317 said:
How does this compare to Lo Jack. I mean I know we cannot track the car personally with Lo Jack, but doesn't Lo Jack uses satellite to find your car also?
My friends in the Torrance PD all swear Tele-Trac is easier for them to use. Not sure if TT provides them with better monitoring devices, tech support, etc. but they claim it to be true.

·
Registered
794 Posts
divinewisdom said:
i wouldnt get one. What your significant other decides to track you.
OH - GAWD - NO.

That's worse than a GPS tracking all the times you're speeding...I rather pay some fat ass fines then facing the other consequence ( tracking significant other ).

LOL.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
divinewisdom said:
i wouldnt get one. What your significant other decides to track you.
Exactly. Privacy issues are a minor concern, but when something really bad happens you know peeps will scream about it.

Remember the guy that attached a GPS device to stalk his ex-GF? I think the story was posted in OT a few months back. Luckily he was caught.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts