Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum (and forums in general) but I was wondering if anyone could answer some stupid and not so stupid questions for me.

has anyone on here had actually put the vertical doors on their del sol? with or without actuators and how well it worked out for them?

Also who has euro taillights on a samba green del sol and what ones did they go with? and lastly what has everyone done with that terrible board that goes in the trunk to keep everything from caving in. Mines been destroyed and now my trunk looks awful.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
remake the trunk insert outta think wood.

As far as taillights and vertical doors, I would say its a big waste of money. Im sure you just caught the modification bug and want to do something to your car. Do performace mods, that kind of stuff keeps things interesting. If you want small mods you can do just plain bolt ons to improve the cars perfomance and the mods usually look nice. You can even go all out with performance stuff and clean jdm mods that keep the car away from the ricer realm. Dont jump into mods that say "I changed my taillights, now watch me drive like a tard on the road". Re-think your approach to mods. There are several ways to modify the exterior to look pimp-as-shiat. Or again, just go with performance mods and stereo mods.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Lambo doors on my del sol, I got the direct bolt-on from e-bay for $300. Had to grind the hinges a little where a corner of the hinge woould not fit a rounded edge. Two days worth of work. I want a show car, not a race car, so I am not worried about those that say it is a waste of money. They look great.

The cardboard of the spare tire I think is what you mean. I don't have a lot in my trunk so it no a problem. Taillight swapping. I hate all the after market taillights for the del sol. I have seen a good S2K swap, but you have to be willing to cut. Personally I am doing a RX8 swap. I get a lot of flak but I think it will look good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts