Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
dude all i have to say is danny tran is the fuckin man. this guys shit is worth gold. my heart just skipped a beat seriously because his work is no fucking joke and ive been waiting for him to release something for an h22 for a year.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick V said:
dude all i have to say is danny tran is the fuckin man. this guys shit is worth gold. my heart just skipped a beat seriously because his work is no fucking joke and ive been waiting for him to release something for an h22 for a year.
yeah i looked at the dyno graph and my jaw dropped

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luder099 said:
not bad, that dyno just seem impossible to me
the numbers?

the dyno shows an h22 graph with mild head work, skunk2 stage2 cams, cam gears and some other stuff. Not impossible at all

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
98Vtec said:
the numbers?

the dyno shows an h22 graph with mild head work, skunk2 stage2 cams, cam gears and some other stuff. Not impossible at all
210 just from that :confused

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
Nice gains. I'm guessing they also extended the fuel cutoff to 8300rpm? :confused

Exactly. There was more done to those engines than just a header from joe shmoe. Hell, I bet if you had donet he upgrades they have on their test engine, you could pull similar numbers with a DC header or whatever. People always see these charts and automaticakly think they can pull the same numbers with just THAT ONE part and their stock setup. It ain't so.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
hey you guys want to doubt DTR go right ahead. i have seen what his headers do on b series motors and its amazing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
what the... said:
Exactly. There was more done to those engines than just a header from joe shmoe. Hell, I bet if you had donet he upgrades they have on their test engine, you could pull similar numbers with a DC header or whatever. People always see these charts and automaticakly think they can pull the same numbers with just THAT ONE part and their stock setup. It ain't so.
Errrr... I think the red line on the graph is the DC header's results....

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I bet if you dropped a lot of lard off the prelude....good dyno numbers could be attained with not many mods.

AKA
super light 15" wheels with toyo T1-s tires (drop 11lbs per rim/tire combo, remember rotational mass)

Drop to a lightweight flywheel. (forget the stock flywheel weight...but lightweight fly is around 8-9lbs)

i/h/e/test pipe, disconnect the p/s, tune engine (greddy/hondata.)

I wouldn't doubt thats in the high 190's low 200's.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey man, what all is involved in disconnecting the p/s? I've been thinkin about doing this for a long time. Is it just as simple as taking off the belt, or do you have to remove the belt, pump, hoses, everything related to the p/s system as a whole? Would just removing the belt do any harm or is that ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi im new here.

That header looks great! a real quality piece indeed. As the owner of a DC header i can see how those # are true The DC sports header is a very restrictive design,
ending in a 1.7 collector, whereas the DTR piece looks to be 2.25 all the way through.
i was aslo dissapointed with finish of the DC header, witch after 2 weeks started to rust.

on a side note, cars with p/s are set up differently than cars that come stock w/o p/s.
disabling the p/s system will result in severly decreased ride quality and the all around driving experence.

just my $.02

·
Registered
972 Posts
no f- series headers ?? DTR sucks!

j/k the header looks really good and by looking at the numbers it performs well, but i thought DC was a pretty decent header.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
"H-series race headers built for hybrid EG,EK,DC chassis. Application built for 2200cc-2600cc H-series engines. Two or Three step design depending on application made out of 18 gauge 304 stainless steel or mild steel, with CNC machined flange. Available as 4-1 or 4-2-1 design, Hi flow true merge collector,Tube sizes, length and merge collector size/angles are determinded and built to engine specs when ordered."

:yawn

·
Registered
163 Posts
digink said:
"H-series race headers built for hybrid EG,EK,DC chassis. Application built for 2200cc-2600cc H-series engines. Two or Three step design depending on application made out of 18 gauge 304 stainless steel or mild steel, with CNC machined flange. Available as 4-1 or 4-2-1 design, Hi flow true merge collector,Tube sizes, length and merge collector size/angles are determinded and built to engine specs when ordered."

:yawn

"H-series street header built for 92-00 Preludes and Accord with H-22 engines. 4-2-1 header design for maximum mid range and top end with limited space configuration. Made out of 18 gauge 304 stainless or 16 gauge mild steel with CNC machined flange."

304 stainless $ 975 plus shipping $800 mild steel plus shipping

:btu

Looks like a damn nice header, I wish I had $800

·
Registered
910 Posts
i just dont see paying that kinda money to get 2-3 more hp over the leading competitors... yes if you have the $ to blow by all means, go for it, but anybody on a budget build... youde be stupid to pay that kinda money for those headers when the greddy stainless are almost as good if not equal, for 500 less... just my .02

·
Registered
388 Posts
VTIR said:
That looks really nice, but that is pretty expensive. I don't think you really going to get value for money from this.
word. That is a sweet header, but the prices are killin me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts