Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I´m from Portugal and i recently bought a 2002 4door Honda Civic in second hand, i´m very happy with it, but it´s now 175.000KM and it´s time for an revision!

To be honest, i´m short on money (like everyone in this damn country), and i bought some oil (AC-DELCO Supreme 10W-40W Semi-Syntetich) : Not the best but the one i can afford!
I also bought an oil filter, A/C Filter and air filter from my local HONDA dealer!

Now the questions: Must i do some kind of cleaning to the engine (use some cleaning liquid (if such thing exits) ) or i simply let the old oil go out and put the new one?
And now, relating to the A/C Filter, where in Hell is it located!??????
The dealer told me that two filters are required, and he sold me two, i asked him were are they located, and he didn´t wanted to say, he say that is "in house policy" not to say these kind of things!!!!

Stay good!!!!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
NiPPonD3nZ0 said:
Hello guys!

I´m from Portugal and i recently bought a 2002 4door Honda Civic in second hand, i´m very happy with it, but it´s now 175.000KM and it´s time for an revision!

To be honest, i´m short on money (like everyone in this damn country), and i bought some oil (AC-DELCO Supreme 10W-40W Semi-Syntetich) : Not the best but the one i can afford!
I also bought an oil filter, A/C Filter and air filter from my local HONDA dealer!

Now the questions: Must i do some kind of cleaning to the engine (use some cleaning liquid (if such thing exits) ) or i simply let the old oil go out and put the new one?
The dealer told me that two filters are required, and he sold me two, i asked him were are they located, and he didn´t wanted to say, he say that is "in house policy" not to say these kind of things!!!!

Stay good!!!!
No, it's bad to use any kind of oil additives. You can use seafoam to clean your engine, however. Just type "seafoam" into the SHO search feature and a few threads will pop up. But I advise against using seafoam since some of the carbon deposits might be keeping your compression under check. Cleaning should be done during a rebuild and if your engine does not need to bve rebuilt, then don't bother. By the way, what is your engine code?

The dealer should tell you where the filters are located. It smells like bullshit to me, because shop manuals for your car are publically available.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
you do not do any type of cleaning, just do the following. best to let the car run for a few minutes to warm up the oil a bit before changing it. but don't let it get too hot. its no fun working on a hot motor.

- pull oil drain plug
- let oil drain
- pull oil filter
- put a light coat of oil on the rubber ring on the new filter to keep it from tearing
- pour a little oil into the new oil filter
- install new oil filter
- install drain plug
- pour in new oil

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
NiPPonD3nZ0 said:
Hello guys!

Stay good!!!!
the a/c filter is refering to the cabin filter which is by the glove box area inside.

but im not positive if that civic has a cabin filter....most likely it does but maybe kommon can verify it

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
the a/c filter is refering to the cabin filter which is by the glove box area inside.

but im not positive if that civic has a cabin filter....most likely it does but maybe kommon can verify it
older civics, 2000 and older definately do not have a cabin filter, but I *think* that the newer ones do. I wish my civic had a cabin filter :( I have allergies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.