Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summary: The eighth-generation version of the popular Honda Civic will go on sale in the fall, with lots of choices for consumers.

Full story: Honda confirmed this week that the 2006 Honda Civic compact sedan will be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show, which opens February 12.

The Civic, the eighth-generation of the popular small car, goes on sale in the fall, said Takeo Fukui, president and CEO of Honda Motor Co.

The new Civic will be offered with two, three, four and five doors and will be produced at Honda's six regional operations around the globe. In the US, the Civic will be equipped with all of the same standard safety features, including side curtain airbags and antilock brakes, as the current Accord.

Fukui said the Civic will come with four new global powerplants in its first year — an industry first. They include a higher fuel economy, lower-emission gasoline engine, a compressed natural gas engine that is made in Ohio, a gas-electric hybrid with significantly higher fuel economy and performance and, for Europe, a diesel engine.

Fukui also confirmed the next iteration of the Honda Pilot will be introduced in the fall as a 2006 model. The Pilot will feature the automaker's recently introduced variable cylinder management system, which deactivates three of the six cylinders to boost fuel economy. The system is offered now in the Odyssey minivan and the Accord Hybrid.

What this means to you: Honda is not taking any chances with its 2006 Honda Civic. It will debut with an array of body styles and engine choices — but US consumers aren't likely to see the diesel version.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Articles/articleId=104395

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm assuming the hatchie was designed by Honda's European Division again?
Tisk tisk!
Only the S2K and RL hold my interest now. Honda's gone too generic...a shame really. Hopefully their hybrids will take off.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It'd look better without the two tone paint and the gigantic hatch. The low pro windows are nice (not 300C low though), as well as the rear lights. buts thats my opinion

100 posts! :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
ucking fugly... Honda needs to take it back to the 99-00 EK's and work from there...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
93civicdude said:
ucking fugly... QUOTE]

i agree but... look at the bright side.... at least honda isnt pulling a ford and making a retro civic to look like the first civic. these companies are getting out of hand with the retro look.

personally... they should allow us on sho to just have a car design contest and choose a winner from here. :p

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FujiFast said:
I'm assuming the hatchie was designed by Honda's European Division again?
Tisk tisk!
Only the S2K and RL hold my interest now. Honda's gone too generic...a shame really. Hopefully their hybrids will take off.

we might even get that version of the hatch. the coupe and the sedan should look different from the pic of the hatch.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
i cant wait to drive one hahaha

along with that truck that should be out soon :tu

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm kind of curous too..

I hope they kept in mind how disappointed ppl where in 2001 while they where designing this one....

i just hope the si-coupe actually has some guts this time around

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Andrey said:
I guess RSX wil die...
naw, imo the Acura and Honda brands are almost completely separate

it's kind of odd how those who buy Acuras will buy Acuras...and those who buy Hondas will buy Hondas

·
Registered
84 Posts
In Japan there is a car Honda has car called the "Edix". has a choice of 130 HP 1.7L VTEC engine, and a 156 HP 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC, I could see the 1.7 for the base and the 2.0 for the EX, and then something with real balls for the Si. All the grumblings have the Si not being released for another year, which would give time to let the RSX die, which it will, so the Si can have a competitive engine and won't eat into Acura sales. Of course I'm just pulling all this shit out of my ass, but I believe it to be educated pulling of shit from my ass.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I dont know about them killing the rsx. They did have the gsr and the civic si out at the same time. I think the civic will get the 200HP version of the k series engine and the rsx will still have 210. Of course the rsx and the civic si will be around the same in performance just like the gsr and the si was 5 years ago. Why cant the lower model civic have D series?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts