Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on Ebay and saw some intakes that were only $24.99 plus shipping. The aem short ram is $139.95. Will the $25 one mess my car up or am i paying for the AEM name with that one?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
98EXSedan said:
I was looking on Ebay and saw some intakes that were only $24.99 plus shipping. The aem short ram is $139.95. Will the $25 one mess my car up or am i paying for the AEM name with that one?
well if you get a decent generic one then its not going to hurt. but getting the generic from e bay is kinda if'y, you never know what you are going to get. long as the piping and filter and all tubing are availible, then i dont see anything wrong with it.
but $135 for aem short ram is a rip off. you can go to www.adventon.com and get a aem short ram for $102, no fear getting it from a reputable shop.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Get a name brand one...

The generic ones (having learnt from experience) tend to have bad fitment, and cause longterm problems. Ie. If the intake is rubbing against anything, there will be holes on your intake tubing... so best thing to do is just get an INJEN or AEM etc. Where they've improved the fitment, and have removed the kinks you'd have with generic intakes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
On the contrary, I bought 3 SR intakes for 30 bucks each on ebay and they all fit perfectly on my car. One was for a del sol and the other 2 were for accords. I've had NO problem with any of them. I'm pretty satisfied. I don't think it's a huge difference from the name brand or generic one. It's basically a tube and a filter at the end of it. How much more HP can it add to differ, you know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.