Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am picking up my new to me 91 Prelude this weekend and thought i would ask some about it is this a decent starting point for a Fast car....again i traded my Jeep for it so the Honda world is new to me.

1991 2.0Si
manual tranny
B20A less then 2 years and runs great. Averages 25mpg daily
tranny replaced with 80k mile used one last year
KoSi short shifter with custom black leather red stitch shift boot
Lotek gauge pod with autometer air/fuel and sunpro water temp gauges
has a B21A1 exhuast cam in it
no cat, dual straight thru muffler. Sounds pretty dang good
Slipslap cold air intake
Gladman front and rear strut tower bars
Nuespeed race springs
Tokiko blues up front, stock rear
Energy Suspension front end links
new shock mount bushings up front These make huge improvement
Ignalls camber kit all the way around.
Tenzo C2s with 215/40/17s new front tires, rear have good bit of life left
new 6.5" 3-ways in door with 2" tweets mounted by door vents
new 5.25" 2-ways in rear deck
Si front and rear seats
Si fog lights and spoiler
rear brake pads are 2 months old Axxis metal masters
front rotors 6 months old
All calipers painted red with aluminum mounts.
distributor cap and rotor button 3 months old
NGK Iridium plugs
New alternator
NO AC and everything removed and cruise was removed as well
weighed in at 2600lbs with 1/2 tank of gas
JDM sidemarkers
Custom headlights by yours truly. Tehy don't flip up anymore
89 Teg front lip

Also this is a small detail...but i have a little boy...can a baby seat fit in the rear of one of these things? if not that is cool...just wondering if anyone had tried it or pulled it off. Gotta start him up right...lol

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok...let me give some background that may help

I have worked with Jeeps and offroad for sometime...even competed for a bit.

I decided to get into something else. i found a guy that wanted my Jeep with that lude. so i traded. I am a good mechanic, Fast learner and I want to know.
So i am a noob here but not to the automotive world.
I also have a Toyota Camry that i am building right now.

Just thought this might help people give me the response i am looking for and not just assume i am some Kid that just got his first car...

Thanks

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that...guess it is kinda confusing.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me the goods and bads of the model and things to keep an eye out for...as well as any other info pertaining to the car or the mods done to it...
stuff like what is the SI series...I assume it is good. is a JDM engine a good upgrade? i guess when i see alot of these names for the mods i wonder if they are good stuff or ebay gimic crap... the guy told me his next step was to turbo it and that sounds like something i would like to do...any recomendations there?

again sorry about that.

Tommy

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
jdm could be a good upgrade, could be great depending on which one you run... if you are thinking engine swap, i would advise getting a good one, putting it on a stand in your garage and building it from the bottom up and then tuning, then a turbo, then tuning, then you will have a fast car. a REALLY fast car, and it will be reliable if you tune it right...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He sent me this e-mail...i believe the engine is a JDM...that is why i asked about it.

"It's very road worthy. The odometer reads 90k but the frame/body has about 210k. I had to replace the gauge cluster, I broke the gas needle on the old one. The engine was put in last year. It's a JDM spec engine that came with 35k miles on it. I have put 15k on it. The old engine flattenned a bearing when I swerved to avoid a wreck and hit the wrong gear and revved to 10k RPMs. The tranny was replaced as well with a 80k mile unit. It shifts smooth and easy. And it will give many more years and miles as long as it's maintained. I can almost guaruntee that. Hondas are built to last forever and this one will easily. The only thing wrong currently is the driver side cv shaft started to click a little. Nothign serious though. If I have time I'll replace it, it has lifetime warranty. Just been busy."

Hope this helps

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Jeep was forsale for a while and I like the look of the car...but i like a Gen 4 too. Do they make a Turbo Kit for this car? I know that they don't for my Gen3 camry so i looked at building a kit.

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is my 91 Lude i picked up this weekend

Just thought you guys would like to see pics... I have a few odds and ends to get done then i am wanting to really see what she can do and get out and meet some of you guys. are their ever any meet and greets in the KY Area? TN or OH maybe?

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the look of it and i am really impressed with the performance.
I have to put in a stereo and he left the custom 12" sub boxes in the back that are built into the fenderwells...looks good.

Tommy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts