Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New member here. I own a 2002 Acura CL Type S with a couple mods. Here is my mods:

-XS Power Headers(comptech knock-offs)...these really do add 20-30whp, just check out the dyno's. I didn't believe it myself until I took the stock ones out. You can see the difference just by looking at them. Then you actually ge them in there and it's a night and day difference:D

-Custom axle-back exhaust with magnaflow 14832 mufflers

-Painted calipers

-05 TL rims

-Cold Air Intake

The only thing else I have planned for this car is a drop...coming soon! Here are the pics:

Positive and negative feedback welcome! BTW, I know alot of you don't condone street racing, but here is my kills/ties/losses

Kills: Cobalt SS Supercharged w/exhaust, 05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G w/exhaust, Celica GT w/intake, 94 Camaro Z28 LT1 w/intake, 00 Toyota Solara SLE V6 w/intake/exhaust, mazda protege mp3 with i/h/e, mazda protege speed

Ties: newest body style Audi TT 3.2 VR6 when I only had headers, 00 Grand Prix GTP supercharged with smaller pulleys, intake, full 3" exhaust, tune

Losses: none so far

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not lying. Your an idiot why would I lie about that?

Headers really do add 20-30whp on my car. I've got free flowing exhaust, but the stock headers are very restrictive...go look at comptechs dynographs and countless other 01-03 TL-S/CL-S owners

One of the GTP's I beat was my friends. The other GTP CompG was a random guy on the highway I raced from a roll.

The Audi TT was dead even. My car runs low 14's and traps around 100mph.

Sorry your rice burner won't. so much for this forum...

·
Registered
122 Posts
right my rice burner.. even tho i probably put more money into the engine than i bought the car for.. lol and you race an automatic? thats what the cool people do.. and lets see the drag slips.
Dude, del.ray.sol. he might be telling the truth... i mean i put egay parts on my car and now im beating corvettes...:hehe

no...not really... one question though.... if he can afford that expensive of a car.. why did he put a 40 dollar header on it???????:ninja

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
dude, its an auto #1, and #2 you have an axle back exhaust, which means its not free-flowing, its restrictive up until the axle.

#3, there is no way you tied a new TT unless the guy wasnt even racing. Even the TT's with an auto trans are faster

#4, a CL-S can be found for less than 13k.. thats no expensive at all

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
all i was saying is my car bluebooks at like 3500.. and even i wouldnt put xs power/ssautoshit on my car... never the less a $13k car
i wasnt directing my post to you, rather to the OP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put on XS headers b/c they have been tested and proven on my car. I wouldn't buy it for any other car though...especially their shitty turbo's and downpipes. I didn't buy comptechs b/c they are $1,299!

I didn't lie about any of those races. Most of them were friends. Btw, the Audi TT guy did race me. He was bone stock and we raced twice. He gave me props and thought it would be close. He was actually very cool. His liscense plate read UBR TNR...that thought was cool lol.

I've got better things to do then argue why I put $130 headers on my car rather then spending $1,299. I've got better things to do then lie to people on the internet about my casual races. Don't believe me...I don't care. Do some research and prove yourself wrong.

To people who think the headers don't add 20-30whp...check out the dyno's. It doesn't techniquely add HP...it allows more HP to reach the wheels. Thats a very big common misconception by the average joe thinking that b/c they added parts that there car now has 290hp as compared to 260hp...

I also put a cheap intake on the car too. Why? B/c it is the same exact thing as the AEM CAI. Of course I didn't use the shity filter that came with it. I went out and bought an AEM dryflow filter.

I never said axleback added any HP. I got it for looks. And btw, my car does have freeflowing exhaust...just b/c it isn't true duels straight from the engine doesn't mean its not free flowing. The exhaust is 2" all the way through up until 2.5" to the muffler which I jsut used a converter. I was gonna get a 2.5" cat-back, but it wouldn't benefit me besides the sound. I like the sound anyways...this was for looks

BTW, if you knew anything about this car you would know that they were only made for 3 years. 2001-2002 were only offered in a/t. 2003 had a 6-speed option to compete with 350z/g35 sales. The auto's run mid to low 14's stock. The fastest manual ran a 13.9 1/4 mile completely stock...most people will run low 14's. The reason there is .3-.5 second 1/4 mile is b/c the a/t reduces the amount of hp getting to the wheels. I would have bought a m/t, but they are very rare. I'm happy with the a/t...it's plenty quick and is great in traffic

Not once did I say this car is expensive. I bought it for $9,500 in excellent condition in May 08. I can't believe you guys are starting an argument over stupid shit. I came here b/c you guys are car enthusiasts...not to argue or have to prove I'm not lying.
Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
359 Posts
but when you say you tied with a audi tt.. im pretty sure TT means TWIN TURBO and he would rape.. and you say you have low 14 quartermile? stock ones have 15 sec quartermile and thats with a DAMN good driver.. so i guess the 30 whp you got from the headers magically just pushed your car to the finish line that much faster? anyways enjoy your stay here and try to keep all that power under control..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow. I seriously was lmao at what you just said. Audi TT is the name of the car. It was an Audi TT VR6. That car is N/A with a 3.2L V6 engine. They also have an available i4 1.8L turbo which is actually slower then the v6.

my car stock is not a 15sec car. You are crazy. It mid to low 14's. This is faster then an RSX-S. Those are high 14's low 15's. Seriously man do some research before you start talking about stuff you don't know about and make yourself look stupid.

I'm not saying my car is a damn race car, but it is quick for what it is...a luxury sports coupe. You can compare this to a bmw 330i/330ci, nissan 03-05 350z, nissan 3.5l maxima, pontiac grand prix gtp, acura tl-s, lexus is300, etc

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
LMAO at this thread...welcome to SHO buddy. Pretty clean lookin CL, definitely will look cleaner dropped. Hate to tell you, butt dyno's and manufacturer graphs are not very reliable when it comes to measuring gains in hp. There's a lot of things that could be said about your incredibly long post explaining yourself that I'll just leave alone. All I'll say (for now) is your car is clean and should be pretty nice if you keep going with it...

·
Registered
359 Posts
well i just assumed tt ment that.. my bad you cought me.. anyways age means absolutely nothing.. yeah im 16.. but how many 16 yearolds rebuild complete engines, go to mckinney auto center (car college) and actually know how to work on cars.. and i really dont care if you believe me about the college part.. but im certified in brakes and suspension (figured that id take those classes last summer because thats the most important thing in race cars)

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Your not too far off, its a high 14 sec. car. Not bad for a larger coupe with an A/T, I agree with the OP on that note.

I do doubt headers adding 25hp tho, thats a little high. I'd be willing to wager you could have picked up another 10hp or so, but not 20-30. I mean, you can feel it, but don't get too excited.

Welcome to SHO, your cars clean fo sho, and with the drop it should look sweet. Some new wheels would add a lot to your car too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not saying there's a problem with you being 16. I'm only 19 about to turn 20. You sure do learn alot after you start driving though. It was just really funny about the Audi TT thing. lol

It's alright if you guys don't believe me about the headers. If you saw a pic of my stock headers and then the ones I got you'de understand.

There isn't just manufacturer dyno's. There is alot of owner dyno's that dyno before and after header install.

Anyways, what is there to say about me? I won't be affended even if it's really bad. You live and you learn

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
not saying there's a problem with you being 16. I'm only 19 about to turn 20. You sure do learn alot after you start driving though. It was just really funny about the Audi TT thing. lol

It's alright if you guys don't believe me about the headers. If you saw a pic of my stock headers and then the ones I got you'de understand.

There isn't just manufacturer dyno's. There is alot of owner dyno's that dyno before and after header install.

Anyways, what is there to say about me? I won't be affended even if it's really bad. You live and you learn
I'm well aware of how exhaust works, and yes, most stock headers are fairly restrictive, again, I don't disagree, but unless your car is boosted or far from stock, your not going to be gaining 30hp. with an exhaust on a stock setup alone.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.