Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
195-235 is a big difference. The 2.5in catback doesn't add any power...let alone just a b-pipe that connects to 2" axle back. the IM may add 2-5whp at best

CAI probly adds around 5-7whp

Pulley doesn't add whp...it revs faster

All the first one had was a K&N drop if filter...nothing special

You can clearly see headers adds 18-28whp...just like the company and users both claim
pulley's will free up to 2whp noob. it's less rotating mass same way lighter rims free up hp. think before you talk. and a 2.5 inch catback contributes at least 5whp when used with other mods like the one listed. you have no idea what you're talking about and go off what you see on the internet. take your car to a fucking dyno and post the numbers. more reasons why you can't use other peoples cars

1. every car is different more proof you're an idiot

2. different climates when other people dyno affect everything

3. different altitudes affect your power

the headers do not ad 18 to 28whp. you can't make any of your statements true without a baseline dyno noob. on top of that a by them selves none of those parts make as much power as they can. sure those headers could make 30 more whp, if you added a full exhaust and tuning like that other guy had. header wraps even affect your power made since they improve thermydynamics. go read a fucking book and not superstreet and internet forum bullshit.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
wow. I seriously was lmao at what you just said. Audi TT is the name of the car. It was an Audi TT VR6. That car is N/A with a 3.2L V6 engine. They also have an available i4 1.8L turbo which is actually slower then the v6.

my car stock is not a 15sec car. You are crazy. It mid to low 14's. This is faster then an RSX-S. Those are high 14's low 15's. Seriously man do some research before you start talking about stuff you don't know about and make yourself look stupid.

I'm not saying my car is a damn race car, but it is quick for what it is...a luxury sports coupe. You can compare this to a bmw 330i/330ci, nissan 03-05 350z, nissan 3.5l maxima, pontiac grand prix gtp, acura tl-s, lexus is300, etc
:lmao no its not faster than an RSX-S.. The RSX-S is a 6spd, yours is an auto.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
pulley's will free up to 2whp noob. it's less rotating mass same way lighter rims free up hp. think before you talk. and a 2.5 inch catback contributes at least 5whp when used with other mods like the one listed. you have no idea what you're talking about and go off what you see on the internet. take your car to a fucking dyno and post the numbers. more reasons why you can't use other peoples cars

1. every car is different more proof you're an idiot

2. different climates when other people dyno affect everything

3. different altitudes affect your power

the headers do not ad 18 to 28whp. you can't make any of your states true without a baseline dyno noob. on top of that a by them selves none of those parts make as much power as they can. sure those headers could make 30 more whp, if you added a full exhaust and tuning like that other guy had. header wraps even affect your power made since they improve thermydynamics. go read a fucking book and not superstreet and internet forum bullshit.
well said

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Also going to point out that all those dyno's were run on Dynojets, and there always a little higher than the actual power your car makes. So none of those cars are making 20+hp from JUST headers.

I'm not calling you an idiot or a retard, but your here to learn right? Were trying to just say that you can't realistically pull 25-30hp from Just headers on an otherwise stock car. What you see on paper with cars, is never the whole story, not even close, out in the real world, track or street, things are never as good as they appear on paper. Still dosent mean they suck or are not worth wile, its just that manufacturers hype up there results, and dyno's can do the same.

Reactions: Darkness

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
:lmao no its not faster than an RSX-S.. The RSX-S is a 6spd, yours is an auto.
the power to weight ratio of the RSX-S is < 10hp/ton from the CL-S. Therefore, having a short geared 6MT will easily be faster than an auto.

oh, and the ratio is based on base horsepower, not wheel power. So, going through the auto tranny, it will end up losing more power than the RSX will with its 6 speed manual

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
RSX-S runs high-mid 14's stock dosent it?
yeah, i ran a 14.5 completely drunk off my ass, first time running it. and that was on shitty tires that spun the whole way through 1-3rd :lol

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
yeah, i ran a 14.5 completely drunk off my ass, first time running it. and that was on shitty tires that spun the whole way through 1-3rd :lol
Nice. I need to take the GSR out to a real track sometime. I wanna see what It would do. I figure I could pull a high 14 out of it, l'd be happy with a 14.8

I wanna put a new clutch in it first, lol

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Nice. I need to take the GSR out to a real track sometime. I wanna see what It would do. I figure I could pull a high 14 out of it, l'd be happy with a 14.8

I wanna put a new clutch in it first, lol
what's done to the gsr? they're 15.5 stock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
there is baseline dyno's on those dyno jets. The base CL-S dyno's anywhere from 187-197whp.

A 2.5" catback will do NOTHING for my car if it's n/a. It's been dyno'd. I actually almost got a 2.5" catback last week but decided against it b/c I saved $200 when it was only going to change the tone of my exhaust.

Anyways, I don't really care about arguing. I'de love to run your RSX-S...

A stock CL-S a/t is as fast as the 6 speed RSX-S. The CL-S 6 speed beats the RSX-S 6 speed. I believe there is some videos on acurazine proving this

I'm happy how fast the car is and how much HP the headers freed up. This is my DD, not a racecar, but it has good get up. Enough to beat most cars on the street.

I ordered some Tokico HP struts and H&R Sport springs...it will be lowered in early january or just after christmas...waitin on the damn shipping lol.

O..forgot to mention my headers are wrapped on the downpipe...you can't see it in the pics though

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
there is baseline dyno's on those dyno jets. The base CL-S dyno's anywhere from 187-197whp.

A 2.5" catback will do NOTHING for my car if it's n/a. It's been dyno'd. I actually almost got a 2.5" catback last week but decided against it b/c I saved $200 when it was only going to change the tone of my exhaust.

A stock CL-S a/t is as fast as the 6 speed RSX-S. The CL-S 6 speed beats the RSX-S 6 speed.

I'm happy how fast the car is and how much HP the headers freed up. This is my DD, not a racecar, but it has good get up. Enough to beat most cars on the street.

I ordered some Tokico HP struts and H&R Sport springs...it will be lowered in early january or just after christmas...waitin on the damn shipping lol
a 2.5in may be too large for your car, it often is outside of boosted setups. An exhaust on a stock car will do virtually nothing if its too large, it may even rob you of power. A cat back requires headers and a high flow cat and mufflers to make power.

Sure just a 2.5in catback on its own will give you nothing, but with headers and the like you can pick up 20hp, which is the number in question. An exhaust is a system, if you want to pick up the 20-30hp claimed, you need the whole system upgraded to get the benefits of increased flow, not just one part.

Think of it as a straw thats fat at one end and skinny at the other, kinda stupid right? Same goes for an exhaust, to make more power, you need to make the whole system the same size, and not too large, because then you will have no backpressure, which you also need. There's plenty of info out on exhausts, just read some sometime, lots of good things to learn and know, you'll be the smarter guy because of it.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts

A stock CL-S a/t is as fast as the 6 speed RSX-S. The CL-S 6 speed beats the RSX-S 6 speed. I believe there is some videos on acurazine proving this

I ordered some Tokico HP struts and H&R Sport springs...it will be lowered in early january or just after christmas...waitin on the damn shipping lol.

O..forgot to mention my headers are wrapped on the downpipe...you can't see it in the pics though
but the CL-S has a 3.2, and the RSX-S has a 2.0. So, if you ever want to make a trip to Pittsburgh, we can meet up and have a few runs :rock:

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts

A 2.5" catback will do NOTHING for my car if it's n/a
. It's been dyno'd. I actually almost got a 2.5" catback last week but decided against it b/c I saved $200 when it was only going to change the tone of my exhaust.

until you do other mods:rolleyes

example. a 2.5 inch exhaust will do nothing for a stock gsr. put an intake exhaust and a retune on it and it will

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Reactions: Darkness

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
lol I hear what your saying about the exhaust system. My car already has an upgraded exhaust system. It's a free flowing exhaust sytem with 2" piping straight through. That includes a highflow cat(granted not as good as aftermarket) and different factory mufflers. Thats why I gain so much from headers...b/c that was the only part of my exhaust that was restrictive. I don't need anything bigger then 2" for my 3.2l engine unless I get a s/c or turbo, which I will never waste my money on with this fwd car. I'de likely not gain anything, but noise from a 2.25 setup. With 2.5" I may even loose some tq

CBags04 your sig is AWSOME!

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
lol I hear what your saying about the exhaust system. My car already has an upgraded exhaust system. It's a free flowing exhaust sytem with 2" piping straight through. That includes a highflow cat(granted not as good as aftermarket) and different factory mufflers. Thats why I gain so much from headers...b/c that was the only part of my exhaust that was restrictive. I don't need anything bigger then 2" for my 3.2l engine unless I get a s/c or turbo, which I will never waste my money on with this fwd car.

CBags04 your sig is AWSOME!
are you running true duals?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
61 - 80 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.