Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was like christmas all over again except this time I got presents, from me to me. I picked up my rebuilt engine that I blew on christmas eve 04. The rod in the old motor snapped in half and actually put gaping holes in both sides of the block and actually nicked my head. Anyway went to fisher automotive in edison nj and picked it up brought it home and now the process of putting it back in shall begin. I'm almost gitty. Anyway guys are probably wondering what kinda motor it is so I'll get to it. It's a gsr motor. Bottom end has micropolished crank, reballanced, bored to 1.9, rehoned, brand new bearings and seals etc, eagle rods, wiseco pistons 12.1 c/r, brand new rings basically rebuilt to 0 miles. The head was resurfaced because of the nick it had in it, polished, skunk2 valves flat bottom, skunk2 valve springs and retainers titanium, skunk2 stage 2 vtec cams, skunk2 cam gears 6bolt pattern, 3 angle valve job, new seals bearings etc basically rebuilt to 0 miles, brand new timing belt, water pump, oil pump, had my skunk2 manifold cleaned up, also picked up an exedy stage 1 clutch set up with 11lbs fly wheel. I believe thats it now im in the process of putting it back in breaking it in and then geting it tuned but I still need to get the rc 310 injectors and I'm not sure which ecu to go with I was thinking hondata to get it all tuned. What do you guys think about that. How do you like the hondata s200 with a p28 ecu? Any opinions on the set up so far? Any reccomendations? Its going back into a 97 integra. Any feed back would be extremely welcomed. I actually got the head components from stage 2 performance in Jersey at a great price and might get it tuned out in pa by a guy named jeff evans that came reccomended by the guys who did my motor. Sry for the long post but hey this is the first time I've ever gone this far with a motor and I may not be done.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't belive the block needed to be resleeved. It was a minimal bore just to accomodate the pistons I believe were 82-84mm. The block it self was actually fairly new.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I double checked the pistons are 82mm and the bore is actually 1.8 and a half so yea it shoult be fine. And I was looking into the uberdata seems decent but few guys I know told me the tuner that might do my tuning doesnt like it and he usually charges more to tune an uberdata. Something about it being a little harder to tune and more expensive to tune. Any truth to this? How was your uberdata with p28 for tuning? Did it tune easy? How much was it? And ide be switching to obd 1 with the wire harness and stuch since my car is obd 2

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I'm deffinetly gonna do it the right way make sure it last. After i break it in its off to the dyno then once i do that ima try to post the sheets up so everybody can look. Any advice for the ecu. Uberdata, hondata (leaning towards this one) etc?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Snoopy said:
stock sleeves cannot be bored more than 82mm and be safe.

yeah i think thats right.

A_White_GS-R said:
Thanks guys I'm deffinetly gonna do it the right way make sure it last. After i break it in its off to the dyno then once i do that ima try to post the sheets up so everybody can look. Any advice for the ecu. Uberdata, hondata (leaning towards this one) etc?
Yeah make sure to break it in first. I saw an episode of american chopper where they blew the motor on the dyno right after it was built.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I've been leaning towards the hondata so that will be the one. I still need to buy wires and plugs my builder reccomended ngk wires and plugs since tuners seem to like those a little better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.