Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New partnership for Honda

Date 2006-04-28

The Honda Racing F1 Team is pleased to confirm a Team Partnership with NGK Spark Plugs.

Established in 1936, the Japanese company has established a world-leading reputation for quality and innovation in all its product areas, ranging from spark plugs and related products for internal combustion engines to new technical ceramic products. NGK Spark Plugs are widely used across all forms of motorsport including Formula One, touring cars, rally cars and motorcycle racing.

As part of the agreement with the Honda Racing F1 Team, NGK Spark Plugs branding features on the rear wing end plate of the RA106 race car throughout the 2006 season.

Nick Fry, Chief Executive Officer of the Honda Racing F1 Team, commented: "We are delighted to have NGK Spark Plugs within our portfolio of team partners and we are excited about developing our association with such a well-respected brand within the motorsport industry. NGK's strong racing heritage and experience will undoubtedly benefit the team and we look forward to working closely with them in the future."

Kazuo Takiguchi, Senior Managing Director of NGK said: "Since 1964 when Honda began its F1 challenge, we have been supplying spark plugs for their engines. Today we are very proud to become a Team Technical Partner of the Honda Racing F1 Team."

-honda-

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
no more denso plugs for my civic!!!

though, if i think about it...
i've always used ngk plugs and wires...
he he he...

interestingly enough, hasn't honda relied on ngk plugs and wires as oem on their cars?

i recall in my manual that's what is recommended.

·
Registered
462 Posts
theflipimage said:
no more denso plugs for my civic!!!

though, if i think about it...
i've always used ngk plugs and wires...
he he he...

interestingly enough, hasn't honda relied on ngk plugs and wires as oem on their cars?

i recall in my manual that's what is recommended.
I wonder if anyone noticed this.......Denso would always sponser Toyota powered machines and NGK would always sponser Honda powered machines.

Same goes for production cars denso+toyota and NGK+honda.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
^ :nod. Just like I expect to see Bosch in a VW, etc. :lol2
funny you should mention bosch...
there was a time i used their plugs back in my college days when platinum 4 was being pushed in the ads...

i try to stick with brands honda is associated with now, particularly in f1...
but i just can't seem to want any michelin tires...
wonder if falken would ever join the fray? (j/k)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
ThirdLane said:
kumho to enter f1 as a tire supplier
seriously?
where did you get this info?
maybe i should rethink that falken purchase...

it would make sense in that kumho has been building quite a rep and recognition in autocross and road racing...

just a natural progression, right?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
ThirdLane said:
kumho to enter f1 as a tire supplier
F1 is moving to a sole tire supplier in 2008, and I can guarantee you it will be Bridgestone. Michelin is pulling out after 2006.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
theflipimage said:
seriously?
where did you get this info?
maybe i should rethink that falken purchase...

it would make sense in that kumho has been building quite a rep and recognition in autocross and road racing...

just a natural progression, right?
i read this a SCC awhile back, it stated 80% of the SCCA class champions wore Kumho rubber. Kumho was 'very' interested in F1 as a next step on its ladder.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Targa250R said:
F1 is moving to a sole tire supplier in 2008, and I can guarantee you it will be Bridgestone. Michelin is pulling out after 2006.
Michelin is leaving partly because of the US Grand Prix debacle. For 2008, F1 will only have one tire supplier, not because the rules mandate that only one supplier will be used, but because Michelin is pulling out. But I guarantee you that Kumho will enter F1 either in 09 or 2010.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
ThirdLane said:
Michelin is leaving partly because of the US Grand Prix debacle. For 2008, F1 will only have one tire supplier, not because the rules mandate that only one supplier will be used, but because Michelin is pulling out. But I guarantee you that Kumho will enter F1 either in 09 or 2010.
http://www.formula1.com/news/4146.html

For the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons [...] a single tyre supplier will be chosen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts