Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but not really new to the tuning scene. I have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege that I've been working on for the past 2 years. But I also have a 1996 Civic DX Hatch that I bought about a year and a half ago(This is why I'm here for those who were getting skeptical :) ). I drove it for a little while and something happened with my oil pressure and now the motor is toast. My opinion is that the oil pump went out. It's just sitting here with $1100 worth of parts waiting to be installed (I bought them all a week before it went out on me!!!!!!). I'm pulling the car to my house tomorrow from the field it's been sitting in to start the rebuild. There's a lot of major work to be done but hopefully I can get it up and running soon.

Reactions: 98civcEK

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98civcEK said:
Welcome to SHO. Good luck with the build.
Thanks, I'm gonna need it with some of the stuff I have to do. I think the wiring is all messed up in it. The headlights were dimming and getting bright and dimming again alot when it was running so I don't know what the problem is there. The first step is just getting it running again.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Cruise Control said:
What motor do you plan on using
i hope a different one. that d15b+bolt ons are a waste of money and time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ksniperfox said:
i hope a different one. that d15b+bolt ons are a waste of money and time.
I'm going to stick with the SOHC just to see how far I can push the limits of it. And bolt ons aren't all that's going to happen to it so I don't see a waste of money or time. Everything starts somewhere and bolt ons are the easiest place to start. The reason I chose to stick with this platform was an article in the October 2004 (I know it's a little old) issue of DSport. One of their features was an 11 sec SOHC. I know it would take a lot of money and time to get there but I just wanna see what I can push this one to. It's just a project that I don't have any specific plans for yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thorgs said:
sounds like the alternator needs replaceing. i got a high performance alternator on ebay for $150 and installed it myself. pretty simple job.
I checked the alternator and it was fine at the time, but I'm going to be replacing it anyway just to stay on the safe side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm kinda feeling like going JDM with it. I can't decide tho.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There aren't any definite plans for the car yet. I've been looking at a few different options. I wanted to put the H22 in, then I wanted LS-VTEC, then I wanted SOHC screamer, then I wanted it just to run. Haha. It's going to start out as a SOHC until I can figure out exactly which platform to go with for sure.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
sohc9616 said:
There aren't any definite plans for the car yet. I've been looking at a few different options. I wanted to put the H22 in, then I wanted LS-VTEC, then I wanted SOHC screamer, then I wanted it just to run. Haha. It's going to start out as a SOHC until I can figure out exactly which platform to go with for sure.

put it this way. youre not going to hit 11s in an all motor d15 with bolt ons. so if youre going FI, dont waste time and money on them. if you wanna rock the d15 fine, im just sayin if youre gonna do any damage at the 1320 its gonna have to be turbo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ksniperfox said:
put it this way. youre not going to hit 11s in an all motor d15 with bolt ons. so if youre going FI, dont waste time and money on them. if you wanna rock the d15 fine, im just sayin if youre gonna do any damage at the 1320 its gonna have to be turbo.
Oh yeah I know that I can't make power just with bolt ons. I'm may be new to the forum, but I'm not dumb :). Bolt ons don't make power all by themselves, they're more of a tuning device to open up power restricted by the stock system and I know that. If I decide to stick with the SOHC then I know turbo is going to be a great addition and about the only way to make power over 150-200 hp and do it reliably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.