Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run 9.4's in the Hybrid a few times and ever since I installed the Tein SS coilovers and Rota's I've been wanting 9.3's....

Finally got there tonight:

RT - 0.831
60' - 2.380
MPH - 77.84
1/8th - 9.357

93 Cx gutted behind the front seats
98 GSR motor with AEM c/a/i

A friend also set a PR in his 03 STI. 8.484 with a 1.8? 60' His $hit flies!!

I'm getting a Mini DV recorder this week and will have some vids for you all......

No 1/4 here. Sucks!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good times, what are you running for exhaust?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eghybrid said:
Good times, what are you running for exhaust?
Thanks

GSR headers, mid pipe, and catalytic converter to 2.5" piping to arospeed axle back

·
Registered
683 Posts
good times , I was there lastnight, clean hatch, I ran my freinds eg coupe last night I ran a 9.4 1/8th, smoking v6's, v8's = priceless

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
What V8's run slower than 9.4 in the 1/8? An F-350 truck?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Is that what you think they should run?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nathan123 said:
No, my buddy in the STI ran a new GT that ran a 9.4 or 9.5
the guy wanted a rematch, but 1 second difference is not even close.....

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
No, my buddy in the STI ran a new GT that ran a 9.4 or 9.5
the guy wanted a rematch, but 1 second difference is not even close.....
a wrx is ALL 1/8...after that they are D O G S

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Not trying to start an argument or anything, but what a car should and does run is two different thing. We are not perfect drivers and car tend to run slower than magazine time. That is just my opinion. I have beaten the new stang gt with my lsvtec del sol. With the right driver, I would have lost. That's the beauty of drag racing. It's all driver skills.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LudeAction said:
Don't think so!

Did you see the domestic mag with the Cobra vs. STI? STI spanked it in almost every category. The 1/4 mile times were identical I believe....

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
Don't think so!
Did you see the domestic mag with the Cobra vs. STI? STI spanked it in almost every category. The 1/4 mile times were identical I believe....
Well, you are wrong. The normal WRX and the STi are all launch. They have GREAT 1/8 times (due to pulling 1.7ish 60's) and then get destroyed during the last 1/8th. The only reason the 1/4 miles are the same is (hold breath)... the magazine guys couldn't launch the cobra for crap. There is no way my car (which runs 12's most of the time) will beat a stock cobra. It takes skill to get the most out of that car, whereas an AWD redline clutch drop does not. On the highway, they will get absolutely raped by a Cobra. They have been absolutely raped by my car, on more than one occasion.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/roadtests/pdf/2002_08_cobra_data.pdf
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/652003134229.pdf
If you can't understand what I'm saying with these data sheets, look at the 0-40 mph. Notice who is ahead, and by how much. Then look at 0-80 mph (a little before the 1/8th). And finally, look at 0-100. The Cobra is WAY faster in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nathan123 said:
Well, you are wrong. The normal WRX and the STi are all launch. They have GREAT 1/8 times (due to pulling 1.7ish 60's) and then get destroyed during the last 1/8th. The only reason the 1/4 miles are the same is (hold breath)... the magazine guys couldn't launch the cobra for crap. There is no way my car (which runs 12's most of the time) will beat a stock cobra. It takes skill to get the most out of that car, whereas an AWD redline clutch drop does not. On the highway, they will get absolutely raped by a Cobra. They have been absolutely raped by my car, on more than one occasion.

If you can't understand what I'm saying with these data sheets, look at the 0-40 mph. Notice who is ahead, and by how much. Then look at 0-80 mph (a little before the 1/8th). And finally, look at 0-100. The Cobra is WAY faster in a straight line.
Just looked at both 1/4 mile times. 13.3 is what the Cobra has and also the STI. That's what I'm talking about 1/4!

You have a Camaro but hang out at an Import site. Why?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Hybrid93Hatch said:
Just looked at both 1/4 mile times. 13.3 is what the Cobra has and also the STI. That's what I'm talking about 1/4!
Hybrid93Hatch said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LudeAction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't think so!
You said that do didn't think that wrx's were all 1/8th. THEY ARE. That's what I showed in my last post, which you probably didn't read very closely since you still think that the are capable of the same 1/4 times.

Hybrid93Hatch said:
You have a Camaro but hang out at an Import site. Why?
:rolleyes
This is a prime example of why I am here.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nathan123 said:
You said that do didn't think that wrx's were all 1/8th. THEY ARE. That's what I showed in my last post, which you probably didn't read very closely since you still think that the are capable of the same 1/4 times.
What am I reading??? The 1/4 mile times for both state: 13.3
I could care less about the 0-40 or 0-80. Straight distance speed is measured with the 1/4 mile and they are dead evern accoding to the links you posted.

:rolleyes
This is a prime example of why I am here.
To post links and then deny the truth :confused :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Read my post again. SLOWLY.
You argued that the WRX is not all 1/8. IT IS, and I tried to explain why. I wish somebody else who has a slight understanding of this subject would come explain it to you in even more simple terms, because I son't know if I can break it down any more. At least then you would stop writing posts that make you look ignorant.

Wait... I'll try one more time.

Look at the cobra's trap speed. Remember the number. Look at the STi's trap speed. Which one is higher by 5 mph? Cobra. OK. Now we know which car has a (signifigantly) higher speed after accelerating up to 1/4.

Look at both 0-40 times. Which one is faster? STi. OK. Now we know which car was launched harder and got to 40 mph a lot faster.

Look at the 0-60 times. THEY ARE THE SAME? WOW. That means that by 60 mph, the Cobra's power has finally made up for it's drivers horrible launch, and both cars are running at the same speed.

Look at the 0-80 times. Which one is faster? Cobra. OK. That means that the STi, which was had somehow accelerated much more quickly at lower speeds (read: didn't spin his rear tires for 2-3 seconds on launch), is now behind in speed compared to the Cobra.

Look at the 0-100 times. Which one is faster? Cobra. BY ONE AND A HALF SECONDS. So basically, if the STi and the Cobra were running side by side on the interstate at 60 mph, and they both punched it, the Cobra would get to 100 in 6.2 seconds, while the STi would take 7.7 seconds. That equals being raped, my friend. On the same note, if the STi wasn't all 1/8 (which it IS) and it ran the same 1/8 as the Cobra, the STi would be a ton slower in the last 1/8 than the Cobra.
You were wrong.

But, like you and I both agree, the shitty driver in the magazine only ran a 13.3 with the cobra.
WHY WAS THE COBRA SO SLOW?
I'll explain this again, too. He sucked. He spun like a bitch. It was a smoke show. He couldn't get traction. Maybe it wasn't his fault (could have been track prep), but still, his 60' time was probably >2.3 seconds.
His time is not a good example of that vehicle's potential.
WHY CAN THIS NOT BE SAID ABOUT THE STI?
This is easy to explain, as well. It's AWD. You push in the clutch, put it in first, redline it, then flop you foot off of the petal on the far left. BAM. 1.7 second 60'. Any fool with balls can do this. No skill is required (other than quick shifts for the rest of the run), and a 13.3 is about as good as ANYONE could squeeze out of an STi.

I've seen a 100% bone stock 2003 Cobra lay down a [email protected] w/ a ~2.0 60' in the lane beside me. I ran a high 12.9 that run, and I got him off the line. This tells me that a Cobra is probably capable of slightly better than 12.8 completely stock (given great track conditions to support the hard to launch IRS). I say this because it would be extremely hard for anyone to squeek any extra time out of my car since a 1.9 second 60' is about as good as you can get on stock 275 good year f1's, and these are the same tires the Cobra runs and therefore should be able to pull the same 60' and (again) run about .1 sec faster in the 1/4.

This is the truth and I'm willing to bet nobody here will deny it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nathan123 said:

I 100% agree with you. Wrx or sti what ever they are all 1/8 mile cars on the highway thay have no balls.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
H22_ACCORD_LMT said:
I 100% agree with you. Wrx or sti what ever they are all 1/8 mile cars on the highway thay have no balls.
:tu

·
Registered
440 Posts
yea but at the end of the day.... it's still a FORD.......... ughh

1 - 20 of 32 Posts