Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would you go about setting up a new venue for autocrossing?
i live in the nyc area and very close to shea stadium where they do have a rather large parking lot. if not there, than there are many other places that have expansive parking spaces.

is this a matter of getting enough people to come out to the events, speaking with the scca?

i know there are a few events throughout my area (nassau colisseum is the next closest venue). i was just wondering as other people may have wanted to start a venue close to them as well.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The NY Region runs a Nasau Coliseum. That cannot be that far from Shea Stadium. I know NASA runs at Giant's Stadium during the summer.

And I think the Westchester Sports Car Club runs at Orchard Beach near the Bronx.

http://www.wscc.org/2004Events.htm

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
theflipimage said:
i know there are a few events throughout my area (nassau colisseum is the next closest venue). i was just wondering as other people may have wanted to start a venue close to them as well.

i live in queens to and i have attended several autox events at nassau coliseum. its not that far and since you have to be there very very early on weekends there is no traffic.
there are also events at EnglishTown Raceway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts