Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i love my accord. I love the comfort, styling and roominess. But, i am very unsatisfied with the performance! I know i shouldnt have gotten an accord if i wanted performance, but originally i was going to drop an h22 in it. Well, i spent most of my extra cash, and my parents wont let me get a new engine because they say my engine is fine.( still in highschool.) I am thinking of selling the accord for around 9k and getting a new project car. I will have about a 10g's after selling the accord. I am thinking of getting a civic and either swaping the engine or going turbo. What i want to know is what would you guys do in my situation? If you would could get a new project car what would it be? I know there is a post like this, but i have a budget and those guys are saying all expensive cars. Oh i am looking to run about 14's in the 1/4 mile.

· Registered
43 Posts
well, civic would be your cheapest bet but turbo can also be expensive? i know turbo is cheap and fast but you do know a civic cant handle a turbo right? for some reason most people dont know this. you have to replace so many parts to maintain a good health civic with a turbo. (i dunno what parts, i aint no mechanic)

i guess its cause i love my car too much to put anything in it that would diminish its life.... :D

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am thinking about getting a prelude. Do you guys think that it would be cheaper to find a low mileage prelude or a high mileage s or si model and swap an h22 in it? I hear that these can run high 14's stock, is this true?

· Banned
2,939 Posts
if you want to start a new project car on a budget and you arent too concerned about looks, pick up a used 92-93 cx hatch and swap a motor in there. Then you could pick up a turbo kit and run a safe amount of boost and run high 13's probably.

· Registered
217 Posts
ok one dont get civics even if you do a swap w/ the b16 or b18 or whateva it is the hp is still like 160 hp or 180 hp at most so thats like 2 g then another 2 to turbo and actually make it fast so then u down to like5k to buy a car and ur notgonna find the greatest for 5 i think you should get a used acura integ pay like 8 or so and then spend other 2 on dono if u could afford turbo w/ taht but ud need i/h/e first anyways so getthose three a nice drop cause i have an integ in my town w/ that setup and it ra even w/ my buddies eclipse gst (turbo) w/ i/catback exhaust runnin 15 pounds of boost so those integs are hella fast ty getin one of those

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.