Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I kind of like it, the TL bumper totally works and kind of "integrate" the look of the car more to Acura line up.

To me, the RL sticks out like a sore thumb in the Acura line up because of its Honda (Legend) heritage. The TSX although is a Honda by itself, looks very upscale, and the TL looks like a bigger TSX. The MDX and RDX are totally great, looks expensive and it actually deliver something different; RDX turbo and MDX active damper+SH-AWD. The RL looks too much like a Honda, very generic and plain looking even though the car carries more gadgets than you can wave a stick at...

The refresh actually gives the car more upscale/aggressive/expensive look to it. If only it has better fuel economy or at least more than just 300hp (320 would be nice), the car would be a killer... But for now, thumbs up to Honda/Acura to make such extensive upgrade to the car.

On a side note, a certain temple of Honda worshipers abolish the refresh... Don't know why myself, the car looks okay, and for a refreshed model it's the best I ever saw. It's like Honda offers two different car on one model. If I have the money, probably I would buy this car when the next Acura RL launches sometimes 2010.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a side note, a certain temple of Honda worshipers abolish the refresh... Don't know why myself, the car looks okay, and for a refreshed model it's the best I ever saw. It's like Honda offers two different car on one model. If I have the money, probably I would buy this car when the next Acura RL launches sometimes 2010.
I agree with you. the refresh does make it look more like a accord, but it always has been like that, ever since the Legend days I always thought of it as a bigger more expensive accord and that never bothered me. I think it still looks good to me. My point is most people who are complaining weren't gonna buy one anyways>

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
It's like Honda offers two different car on one model. If I have the money, probably I would buy this car when the next Acura RL launches sometimes 2010.
Its easier for Acura to give cosmetic option like Mercedes Benz they offer several different grills and other options they have classy look and they also have sporty look for all their lineup. This will reduce the number of complain.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I agree with you. the refresh does make it look more like a accord, but it always has been like that, ever since the Legend days I always thought of it as a bigger more expensive accord and that never bothered me
I even mentioned super accord for the refreshed RL :rolleyes on my blog. With the refresh so totally worked out, probably Honda realize that the Legend/RL lack that premium factor and decided to change it. This is actually quite a news to me, Honda does listen to the market... For so long now Honda always turns ear when the market asked for something. No V8, no supercar, no flagship product to be proud of, no sport involvement. But it's slowly changing, the RL refresh (a sign of Honda listens to the design input), the Acura participation in LM24, V10 in development, etc. I think Honda just restarting their strategy with their premium brand.

Alas it's all said and done, the blow has been struck and people consider the RL to be a so so pricey sedan. Not like the MDX, that is a premium car for sure... I wonder why Honda didn't put the active damper system on the RL refresh? The S-Class has it, in fact more than enough premium auto brands offer their product with similar system.

I will be waiting for the next generation RL.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I even mentioned super accord for the refreshed RL :rolleyes on my blog. With the refresh so totally worked out, probably Honda realize that the Legend/RL lack that premium factor and decided to change it. This is actually quite a news to me, Honda does listen to the market... For so long now Honda always turns ear when the market asked for something. No V8, no supercar, no flagship product to be proud of, no sport involvement. But it's slowly changing, the RL refresh (a sign of Honda listens to the design input), the Acura participation in LM24, V10 in development, etc. I think Honda just restarting their strategy with their premium brand.

Alas it's all said and done, the blow has been struck and people consider the RL to be a so so pricey sedan. Not like the MDX, that is a premium car for sure... I wonder why Honda didn't put the active damper system on the RL refresh? The S-Class has it, in fact more than enough premium auto brands offer their product with similar system.

I will be waiting for the next generation RL.
The big and painful question is if Acura DO add those new technology and etc2 will the people willing to pay for more expensive price tag? Look they add the SH-AWD and people complain its too expensive why bother V8- V10 when people start gonna say OHH ITS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME

·
Registered
1 Posts
the new RL

I just went down to the dealer to check out the new RL and I have to say I was very impressed. Have been looking into lease options online and I ran into what appears to be a very aggressive ACURA Lease. any current owners please let me know what you think about this lease.....thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts