Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im a 16 year old teenage boy who just bout a 1990 civic for 3500. 3500!?!?!?! yes but it already has a JDM B16, exaust (not sure what kind), eibach suspension, short shifter, itr intake manifold, ctr cams, and all around disc brakes. There is more but i havent got the car JUST YET. I hae only test driven, and confirmed the sale. The previous owner is a real cool guy, and will help me with all work, does n e one have n e suggestions for upgrades, i would like to go OEM plus (jdm plus) and cant really afford turbo for now so andthing will help thanks.
(by the way, is there anything i should ask about???)
Thx
ATX

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
make sure it wasnt a shitty install cause later on it might just die on you. but not many people have respect for people who purchase their cars premodded

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize this, but it does save me alot of time and monyey which i dont have aloto of HAHA :D also, there are practically no clean (un modded) cars where i live so im gonna make do with it, i know, what has he left for me to do right???? haha its all good tho since its my first car an all.
Thx
ATX

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think its pretty cool youre buyin a car and its already modded. youre still in school so maybe you dont have time to work on cars that much. just make sure the guy youre buyin the car from doesnt skip town.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Good luck with it. Some people around here will only respect you if you build a car and not buy a pre-made job. But you cares. A car is a car and it doesn't matter if you did the work or not. Hopefully everything works out for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys, you guys!!! turns out i only havd 2 grand and i couldnt buy it!!!! he hasnt sold it yet but a guys lookin at it tomorrow :( DANG, i really wanted it!! BUT i also wanted to/still want to build up a car from stock, Oh that would be sooo cool and i would know so much more about the car and OMG that would be so satisfying, however, he said that theres so much stuff he had planned and hes getting married so he needs to sell it to get the house he wants. He seems lie a pretty cool guy and all so hes gonna keep me posted opn the car and he said hes was all stoked that i wanted it to build up and learn an stuff but if i find something cheaper than it ill probably get that, OH well i guess we'll just have to wait and see the final outcome!!! :number1 :number1 :number1 :number1 :number1

·
Registered
5 Posts
hope you manage to get it dude, i myself own a 91 civic si and a 90 civic, the 91 is about fucked lol it was just for driving and needs new motor and body work. the 90 is amazing shape for it's age, no rust, no desnt nothing wrong at all. hopin to chuck some money into it to mod it as both of them are stock. stereo system is alreayd worth 1500 since i bought both of them june 2004, stereo is gettin major rehaul to be worth 5000+

·
Registered
630 Posts
civicnation said:
don't buy someone elses toy, trust me you will regret it later not just mechanical but everyone will ask you "hey isn't that homeboy's car"
how many miles are on the b16? just make sure the car still in good condition... because if that hooked up his car; you know that he beats on it.. im looking for a new car as well, and i refuse to buy any car with mods.. even if its just an aftermarket air intake... i just hope i dont find a car until that 06 si comes out.. ;)

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
civicnation said:
don't buy someone elses toy, trust me you will regret it later not just mechanical but everyone will ask you "hey isn't that homeboy's car"
I get a lot of people asking me, "hey isn't that Bucks car?"...but it's for a different reason...I bought it from my friend for 2g's, but when I got it, the car was all to hell...it had some front end damage, the paint was all jacked up and it didn't run very well, but at least it ran...after dumping a little money into it, I think it looks quite nice, and I just got my b16 installed so that makes it even NICER...but I will be changing it up soon...I don't really like the body kit thing anymore...and I'm ditching the 17's in favor of some sexy 16's...anyways, I get a lot of, "man it looks a lot better now that Buck doesn't have it anymore"...lol...good luck finding a car though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.