Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.... has anyone got the new skunk2 68MM throttle body yet??

i'm interested in picking one up but i can't really find much on them.... they're not even listed on the skunk2 site

has anyone had any problems with them? has anyone noticed any gains?

i'd really like to see a dyno sheet, unless someone knows roughly how much HP gain you'd get with one...
is it worth the money?

anyone know??
thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
i've "heard" that the tps sensor has problems and the throttle body sticks a lil bit. Basically exactly what went down with the manifolds, just different problems. They didnt get the kinks out before they put it on the market, just like the manifold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98Vtec said:
i've "heard" that the tps sensor has problems and the throttle body sticks a lil bit. Basically exactly what went down with the manifolds, just different problems. They didnt get the kinks out before they put it on the market, just like the manifold.

what "kinks" from the manifold are you talking about? i've got the manifold as well and will be putting it on shortly with/without a new TB
know of any HP #'s from the TB??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
misterpsycho said:
what "kinks" from the manifold are you talking about? i've got the manifold as well and will be putting it on shortly with/without a new TB
know of any HP #'s from the TB??
Damn, good luck with the Manifold. I've heard a lot more bad things then good things about it. Do you have stock cams? I would spend money on those before the TB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
misterpsycho said:
what "kinks" from the manifold are you talking about? i've got the manifold as well and will be putting it on shortly with/without a new TB
know of any HP #'s from the TB??
on alot of peoples manifolds, the throttle body mount isnt completely flat and causes a vacuum leak, you lose EGR..."CEL", it has the kit to relocate the IACV which doesnt really have anywhere to go cept zip tie it off somewhere in the engine bay (in alot of cases after the relocation the IACV goes bad. On mine i had to adjust the tps sensor (stock TB) because the throttle was off. I could put the throttle to 3.5% throttle and it wouldnt raise the rpms. So i have to cut slits in the taps screws and advance the TPS so drivability would be back to normal. It whistled REALLY bad at about 30% throttle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98Vtec said:
on alot of peoples manifolds, the throttle body mount isnt completely flat and causes a vacuum leak, you lose EGR..."CEL", it has the kit to relocate the IACV which doesnt really have anywhere to go cept zip tie it off somewhere in the engine bay (in alot of cases after the relocation the IACV goes bad. On mine i had to adjust the tps sensor (stock TB) because the throttle was off. I could put the throttle to 3.5% throttle and it wouldnt raise the rpms. So i have to cut slits in the taps screws and advance the TPS so drivability would be back to normal. It whistled REALLY bad at about 30% throttle.

ok, so say i have a vacuum leak, wouldn't a little bit of silicone just cure that? or just plaining it a little?
also, i'm not running an EGR.... just running the P28 which doesn't look for an EGR and my VAFC should cure the air/fuel that's probably lacking due to the P28
my IACV is already finicky... gets stuck sometimes when it's cold or damp outside... it eventually fixes itself once the engine is warm and i simply restart the car

but other than the install problems, how do you like the manifold? was there much difference? know of how much power you gained??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
misterpsycho said:
ok, so say i have a vacuum leak, wouldn't a little bit of silicone just cure that? or just plaining it a little?
also, i'm not running an EGR.... just running the P28 which doesn't look for an EGR and my VAFC should cure the air/fuel that's probably lacking due to the P28
my IACV is already finicky... gets stuck sometimes when it's cold or damp outside... it eventually fixes itself once the engine is warm and i simply restart the car

but other than the install problems, how do you like the manifold? was there much difference? know of how much power you gained??
it gained me some yes, but the drivability issues made me sell it. It just got annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
98Vtec said:
it gained me some yes, but the drivability issues made me sell it. It just got annoying.
aside from the issues, do you think that the cost was worth the gain in power? also, since you sold it, what are you running now? stock IM or another brand? if so, which one and is there any difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
misterpsycho said:
aside from the issues, do you think that the cost was worth the gain in power? also, since you sold it, what are you running now? stock IM or another brand? if so, which one and is there any difference?
stock manifold....waiting for someone to come out with a manifold that is actually worth a damn....i'll prolly end up going with the Euro R manifold. I truthfully didnt feel a power difference until i got into 6500+ rpms. To me i would never tell anyone to buy the manifold based on my experience with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
why not blacktrax?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
like in my other post... seems all good to me, if it makes the power they say w/ out the headaches of the skunk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
98Vtec said:
yeah i've taken a gander at it before...but i dunno.
i think you should go with it. it looks very promising to me. and the fact that you can change the plenum volume by using spacers. i'd definately choose the blacktrax over the euro r just because of the ease of installation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
H22Power_521 said:
i think you should go with it. it looks very promising to me. and the fact that you can change the plenum volume by using spacers. i'd definately choose the blacktrax over the euro r just because of the ease of installation.

yeah that one dude on HT has got blacktrax everything basically. Making 199whp.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top