Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my bro decided to finally get me back for the coilovers i bought him for his teg for christmas. as a late x-mas present i got a new stereo (don't know which model off hand) but it's sweet. it's one of alpine's new releases. but anyway since i got this new badass stereo i wanna top it off with new rockfords all the way around and a small kenwood 4-channel amp. (i love tax-return time :D )

the thing im dumbfounded by is the fitment issues on speaker sizes. now i know the stockers are 5.25 up front and 6.5 in the rear. i saw 6.5s custom mounted up front and 6x9 in the back, the pics were somewhere here on SHO. it looked stock when it was all done. I've decided that this is what i'm after. has anyone here done this that is willing to help? I just wanna know exactly what has to be modified and how it was done.

BTW i have all ready searched and found some pics and stuff, but the explaination wasn't thorough enough for me to do this on my own. well maybe i could but i just wanna talk to people that have alll ready done this cause i dont wanna ruin my stock interior panels. thanx

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well man, i respect your opinion and all, but i got my heart set on 6x9s in the back. i understand the better harmonics thing, but 6x9=cone more surface area meaning more air is moved when the speaker hits and excurds, thus giving you more bass. more bass coming from the back is the whole point in me doing this.

also njn, if I heard right, the only the si came with rear speakers. or it could be only 90-91 that came with them. not sure which it was. it sounded like you didn't think i had rear speakers. i got stock 6.5s back there.
btw, i looked back at that 6x9 conversion thread. jesse should be able to help me, maybe i'll pm him.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've got some nice 6.5 components in my front doors and no rear speakers at all. I have a sub for that. Honestly i've had rears in my crx and it sounds so much better with just a really nice set of speakers up front. I have mine running off an amp, so that the sound is a lot cleaner. All you're going to get out of a pair of 6x9"s is distortion when you try to play bass. You could fit some 8" speakers off an amp in the rear where the 6.5"s go. Then you'd get a lot nicer bass.

Good luck with that though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i almost 100% sure i'll be satisfied with a set of 6x9s in the back. the cd player i go allready has a 50Wx4 internal amp, not to mention the 200Wx4 kenwood i'm gonna get to push all four speakers. that's 100 watts to each speaker and the rockford's i'm lookin at are rated at 75W RMS. i don't see why i would have any distortion with such a good power supply. all i'm asking is how i can fit 6x9s in the back, while maintaining a stock apprearance, not whether not i should do it in the first place. sorry to sound like an ass but i'm getting a little frustrated just looking for help. thanks

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
lude_pwr said:
i almost 100% sure i'll be satisfied with a set of 6x9s in the back. the cd player i go allready has a 50Wx4 internal amp, not to mention the 200Wx4 kenwood i'm gonna get to push all four speakers. that's 100 watts to each speaker and the rockford's i'm lookin at are rated at 75W RMS. i don't see why i would have any distortion with such a good power supply. all i'm asking is how i can fit 6x9s in the back, while maintaining a stock apprearance, not whether not i should do it in the first place. sorry to sound like an ass but i'm getting a little frustrated just looking for help. thanks

I dont understand y u ask for opinions/advice if you're already set on the dam 6 x 9's? If you're already set on those then y the hell are you asking us what a good set up would be? And then when we told you, you try and argue w us on y its not! I dont understand youre thinking. Most ppl would ask for advice and then go w what the majority says. If everyone is saying go w 6.5's knowing from experience, then go w them. If you dont want the advice then dont ask for it. Sorry not flaming just a little frustrated when ppl look for answers on things then when they get them they try and argue on y its wrong........

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay. last try. if this doens't work then let's just say muck it. i'll go jump off a cliff or something.

I'm not asking for opinions here. what i'm asking is
HOW DO I PUT 6X9 IN THE REAR WHILE MAINTAINING A STOCK LOOK?
i don't care about what you guys have to say about sound quality and distortion and blah blah blah because i'm doing it. period. :bh

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mine had 6x9's in there when I got my car, but i yanked em. It looked as if the previous owner had just turned the 6x9s in there partially vertical long ways and mounted on the stock bracket. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
make sure that the 6.5 speackers do not have big magnets, they will stop the window from going all the way down.
also you have to cut away some of the plastic to get the 6x9's to fit

·
Registered
268 Posts
got 6.5's up front with big magnets and it only rubs on the passenger side...quite strange eh?

I'm not asking for opinions here. what i'm asking is
HOW DO I PUT 6X9 IN THE REAR WHILE MAINTAINING A STOCK LOOK?
i don't care about what you guys have to say about sound quality and distortion and blah blah blah because i'm doing it. period.
don't do it dude...whatever you do just don't do it because it will sound like crap and :blahblah ...just don't do it.

sorry i'm an ass or as DeathisCertain refers to me as a fucktard :lol2

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Dub N Rex said:
got 6.5's up front with big magnets and it only rubs on the passenger side...quite strange eh?

don't do it dude...whatever you do just don't do it because it will sound like crap and :blahblah ...just don't do it.

sorry i'm an ass or as DeathisCertain refers to me as a fucktard :lol2

Speak for yourself.

6 wood screws, 2 fat 6x9's, some custom cutting and some polyfill say otherwise.

I have them in my car and it sounds REALLY good. No vibrating sounds or anything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally Posted by Dub N Rex

don't do it dude...whatever you do just don't do it because it will sound like crap and ...just don't do it.

sorry i'm an ass or as DeathisCertain refers to me as a fucktard

Speak for yourself.

6 wood screws, 2 fat 6x9's, some custom cutting and some polyfill say otherwise.
Sarcasm strikes again.
I'm glad it worked for you Jesse.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I have a 15" solo-baric in the back. Some 5 1/4 up front and 6 1/2 in the rear speakers holes. Sounds good to me. ... I just need a better battery.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Dub N Rex said:
Sarcasm strikes again.
I'm glad it worked for you Jesse.
Well, I am just saying that with a little afro engineering they fit fine and my ears say that it sounds great. I disconnected them to see how it sounded and just left the door speakers on and it didn't sound nearly as good....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts