Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neuspeed race springs w/koni adjustables am I gonna drag gravel?

I bought some newspeed race springs w koni adjustables and I still have to put on my wings west rs front lip. I know its pushing it but am I seriously fucked? Am I gonna be bringing home roadkill with me? Anyone w/ a similar setup?

· Registered
452 Posts
Hate to tell you

This is not the best setup for the street. The race springs (5th gen) are 2.25" drop using the standard perch position (stock shock or Koni). Take a tape and measure up from the ground and think on this one. MY Neuspeed Sport are at 1.7" in front and that is close already with the OEM lip.
BTW: The standard koni front shock has only 2 perch positions-upper as they come from Koni and lower-which is really another 1/2" down. The rear Koni has 3 positions and comes set on the middle one. Leave em where they are!

· Registered
395 Posts
you'll probably bring home some road kill, but you'll also be leaving pieces of the kit behind from scrapin left and right. if you're putting the race springs on, and this is your everyday driver, i wouldn't put the kit on. or the other way around.

p.s. it's spelled neuspeed, not newspeed.:D

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the spelling correction, I relley m god at spelling werds.
I've seen this setup on a couple of cars the only problem I'm worried about really is my header, last thing I want is to bottom out.I've got a 1.6 in drop now with apex springs and my bottom end looks low. My lip I'm not too concerned about I think I'll be ok I measured 5 to 5.5 inches of clearance. I'll just be cautious around town.

I think the 4th gen race springs are a 2" drop rather than 2.25? Is this accurate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.