Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am actually looking for some ideas on what to do with my Civic reguarding the stereo. Everything in it is stock and I dont have a keyless entry system. My first problem is the deck.

Deck - The radio and the single disc changer are in two different locations. so my question is which location do I put the new deck in and what to do with the other hole? Are there pre-made fillers for this? And what sort of cool thing could I put there?

Subs. - I have found a 6 channel amp by infinity that I really want. I am more of a quality of sound person than one who wants loud booming bass. I noticed that there is alot of room between the rear tire and the bumper in the tire well. I have measured and 2 8" subs would fit in there pretty nice. I have thought about refabing the cover and dynamating the trunk. then recarpeting it. I was thinking of maybe trying to make a sort of bandpass box for the subs using this space. I was wondering if anyone knew of any prefab boxes for this space in the civic. If not I will fab one myself and then put the plans for it on here if anyone else wants to do it too.

Speakers- front- are the kick panel enclosures really worth it? I mean I am not going to use any of the factory wireing when I do this. but is it better to just use the factory position for the front or just use the kick panel ones... I guess that all depends on how bad I want to run wires through the door huh? Kick panels are looking better.

Rear. I noticed you can use 6 1/2 component speakers in the rear using a bracket. would you do this over the 6x9s for clarity considering there will be 2 - 8" subs in the trunk?

Also.. I am a pizza delivery driver, so has anyone thought of using the space where the single disc player is to install a touch screen GPS set? kinda like the ones in the Acuras? It would help alot but I dont know the complications of it. Those are my questions. and if you know of one of these that is going for cheap let me know :D

Thanks for your help in advance

-Controledkaos

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey, i got the same car and heres what I would do.

Deck- put it in the top location where your actual stereo is, Honda does have specific dish type things that can fit where your cd player is

subs- your idea sounds good, but i would get 10's and definatly deaden the trunk, civics have nasty rattles

Speakers- I just replaced all the speakers with pioneers using the factory locations, sounds pretty good.

Rear- Pioneer 6x9's work for me

and about the gps thing, wouldnt that be a pretty hard place to get at if you had to touch it all the time and try to look at it? the shifters in the way and if you have any drinks theyre in the way.

-Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually... the deck I now have in mind is made by alpine. it is the 7" LCD pulsetouch screen. it can have gps added to it. but it would definately go in the top. they also have a 165 band equalizer that can be covered up by that honda filler you spoke of in the bottom. I also found some directions on how to make a fiberglass speaker enclosure. the instructions were how to do it for the kick panels but I think I can use it to do some freeform work in the trunk. in that space you could get away with one 10, but I just thought 2 8"s would look better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts