Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl , i want to buy a new front upper strut bar to my civic EK ,but i cant decide for these ones:

Spoon :

ITR OEM :

TEIN:

my old bar:

Considering these bars , which one can offer the best performance ? my old bar was a custom hand made carbing replica, and was quite good , and now i want the one that offers me the most identical performance .....thx in advance

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
the point of these bars is to tie in the chassis and make it stiffer...

the more points that are tied, the stiffer the chassis will be...

so why would you want to reduce those numbers of points and make your chassis less stiff?

looks? it must be for looks!

the bar you have is the best choice.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts

so why would you want to reduce those numbers of points and make your chassis less stiff?

looks? it must be for looks!

the bar you have is the best choice.
I agree. Stick with what you got....Looks badass anyway!
EDIT: Is it about the "name/prestige"? IMO, don't bother,
unless it's obviously better, and your setup looks best, IMO.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
solid welded bars are better. unlike the spoon and OE ITR bars, there are no points to rotate about (pins). except that ITR bar looks better since there are two pins that essentially lock the bar in place. but the carbing replica you have is by far way superior performance wise

·
Registered
11,248 Posts

Not necessarily. A lot of bars use those little 6mm bolts on the firewall. A 6mm bolt can not support enough load to be a reinforcement, so many of these 3pt bars are for show and will perform no better than a good 2pt bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts