Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Just getting into this turbo edit stuff. I have a nice new gen macbook, and I see all the DL's here are windows only. If anyone knows of any good tuning software I can DL off the internet that would be great.

***I just got done looking at the HOndata S300 Application ... That looks dissgusting! vtec and boost control, Anti lag, throttle control, and perfect tuning USB laptop connect.

That looks well worth 500$

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Go with your first thoughts. You can get the exact same thing for free versions of Uberdata or Crome. Crome Pro is better, but you have to purchase it...still only a fraction of what Hondata costs. There's other programs as well like Neptune and ECTune.

If you're only planning on learning to tune your own one car.....you have no need for Hondata....plus, the company is stuck up, not interested in helping the little guy.

The only difference is the amount of time it will take to tune. Hondata will let you tune on the fly with everything still in the car. The programs I mentioned for OBD1 chip tuning requires that you get a chip burner and burn new info onto the chip after each dyno run. If you want live tuning with OBD1 chip tuning, you can get something called an Ostrich.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a really informative site on tuning. Im planning on using some sort of free software and maybe a chipped ECU. Now what would I need to do as far as converting my OBD0 ECU to OBD1 in order to be able to tune?

· Registered
4,633 Posts
I thought you had a B16A in your CRX?

Anyways, in the end you'll need an OBD1 ECU, and if you're not OBD1, you need either the OBD0-to-OBD1 or OBD2-to-OBD1 conversion harness.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phearable.net - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning Solutions - Hondata, Neptune, Crome, Uberdata, Ectune, AEM, Honda Tuning, Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Intercoolers, Turbos, LS/VTEC, ECU Chipping, Chipped Ecus, P28

yea its b16a i thought It was OBD0. PW0 or PR3??? I dunno maybe im wrong. LIke I said new to all this haha.

YEa ive been lookin at those conversion HarnessesS. seem Simple enough. I cant wait, But Ive decided Im just gunna keep learning about tuning for now and not gunna go FI untill I have the money for a turbo kit.

· Registered
115 Posts
Also NepTuneRTP provides datalogging and on the fly programming I believe. It also has the capabilty of connecting to it with bluetooth so you just put the laptop near the car connect to the NepTuneRTP w/ Bluetooth and start tuning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.