Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm getting a 2001 Civic EX coupe in spring. My family has never been much into cars, except for me, but I have very little hands on experience because of this (those bastards). I understand that real power comes from engine modification, yet I'm not capable (experience-wise) nor do I have the tools to do so. My neighbor down the street has tools and experience, except he's not exactly...bright. But it would be much cheaper for him to do things than to pay a shop to. Would it be wise to let a shop do it? Or would it be ok for my neighbor assuming i'm there to keep some common sense flowing?

·
Registered
539 Posts
if you have no common negineering sense, then what makes you think you can hold your neighbor's hand?

and if you had to ask, sounds like not much common sense flows between either of you two.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
What type of mods are you doing. Intake, exhaust, lowering are all fairly easy to do. You could do them by following directions and with hand tools. Some other stuff you may not want to try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problem with intake, exhaust, and lowering, but the real problem comes with modifying the block itself. I have another friend of mine that can help out, so I think I should be ok, plus he'll be heading off to an automotive college, so I'm in luck.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I would let a machine shop handle it when it comes down to the block!!! But then again, you can't go by another persons judgement on something like this, its your choice, even though you had to have told yourself the same thing that I just told you!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts