Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying a 96 prelude on friday and wanted to come buy here and ask what all to look for, whats the right way to do things and to learn as much i can about the car.

its a 96 si, 5 speed.
it has a short throw shifter, header, full exhaust, large cold air intake, and i dont know what else.

its got 117K miles on it, and the power moon roof doesnt work

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am getting it for 3100
i think its a good deal, its worth alot more than that on kbb.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
if the body is in good shape, i definetly think its worth it... 117Kmiles isnt too bad, as long as it has been oiled, and maintained.... chances are if the guy/girl has I/H/E they prolly drove it hard, which is ok as long as it has been taken care of... good luck in your decision, i love my prelude and wont ever get rid of it... oh and the moonroof thing, maybe you could chop off 200 on the price or something.... they are easy enough to fix anyway....

good luck

Max

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the kid that owned it was a huge honda fan, so he beat it but kept up on things... i got it today i drove it and it moves pretty good. althought now it has an abs light. the br\akes still work but thier is a light. i hate lights

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i got the car on the road legally. i drove it today. it runs great on the highway. nothing seems ad on it accept one thing. the speedo doesnt work.

o ya upon closer inspection. it has the n-1 cat back exhaust, and aem long tube intake. i cant figure out wich header is on it but it is a 4-2-1 setup.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
cndctrdj said:
so i got the car on the road legally. i drove it today. it runs great on the highway. nothing seems ad on it accept one thing. the speedo doesnt work.

o ya upon closer inspection. it has the n-1 cat back exhaust, and aem long tube intake. i cant figure out wich header is on it but it is a 4-2-1 setup.
prolly a dc header. Nice pick up.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Congratulations on your Prelude! I've had mine for over 4 years... love her to death! haha

~Peace

·
Registered
826 Posts
cndctrdj said:

When I did my engine swap my speedo wasn't working either. One of the hoses near the manifold wasn't connected. My mech first listened for a small hiss of air and found one of the hoses laying there not connected. Check all of the back wires near the firewall. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, welcome to sho and enjoy your stay!!!! :clap

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive read a lot of stuff hear and posted a bit. thanks for the welcome and i too have to admit my civic made me hate honda more than any american muscle car owner should but this prelude changed my idea of what this company can do

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i looked at the suspension today and it doesnt look stock but i dont see any labels on it. if i give you numbers off the side could you tell me what they are.... and the sway bars i know are after market cause its got poly bushings and they are black where everything else is dulled from milage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts