Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just raced my 200 focus ZETEC anainst a freshly rebuilt NA civic and got taillights by 35 MPH. Im looking to buy a junkyard motor, rebuild it then find a ~92' civic HB to drop it in. what would be some good, affordable engine choices to consider. what are the pros and cons to a few different motors?

·
Registered
150 Posts
fujative said:
i just raced my 200 focus ZETEC anainst a freshly rebuilt NA civic and got taillights by 35 MPH. Im looking to buy a junkyard motor, rebuild it then find a ~92' civic HB to drop it in. what would be some good, affordable engine choices to consider. what are the pros and cons to a few different motors?
i think your best bet would be to get a b18b(non-vtec) they are cheap around here 1300 for a complete swap...(you could get a b18C1(GSR integra) its a vtec motor but they are going to be much more expensive)...if you plan on getting a 92-95 civic its a direct swap all you need is mounts, shift linkage, axles, motor, trans, and ECU and it just bolts in...it's also a good car because its obd1...the easiest way to go about that swap is to get all the stuff out of a 94-95 teg, if you get the parts out of that car then you will need nothing else.

those motors love boost and love gas, but if you want an all motor car then you should look for a b18c1 or the extremely more expensive b18c5 Type-R.. or you could get the b18b and do an LS/vtec where you put a GSR, type r, or b16 civic SI head on the block but that can sometimes end up costing just as much as a GSR

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
NCaccord said:
i think your best bet would be to get a b18b(non-vtec) they are cheap around here 1300 for a complete swap...(you could get a b18C1(GSR integra) its a vtec motor but they are going to be much more expensive)...if you plan on getting a 92-95 civic its a direct swap all you need is mounts, shift linkage, axles, motor, trans, and ECU and it just bolts in...it's also a good car because its obd1...the easiest way to go about that swap is to get all the stuff out of a 94-95 teg, if you get the parts out of that car then you will need nothing else.

those motors love boost and love gas, but if you want an all motor car then you should look for a b18c1 or the extremely more expensive b18c5 Type-R.. or you could get the b18b and do an LS/vtec where you put a GSR, type r, or b16 civic SI head on the block but that can sometimes end up costing just as much as a GSR
good post.

id might consider a b20 out of a older crv. boost that thing an its game over. i would think its cheaper then the LS swap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
good post.

id might consider a b20 out of a older crv. boost that thing an its game over. i would think its cheaper then the LS swap.

he's right...but if you want to boost then you should definatley hit the block up becuase b20 blocks are known for cracked cylinder sleves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts