Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a fellow honda owner, ive been on HAN for a while, but lately its just not been a good place for preludes. there isnt much talk on there. so im gonna see what this place has to offer. so far the write ups are looking good.

Anyhow, I have a question about my MOMO pedal install
ive drilled through the metal brake and clutch pedal, but what about the gas?
according to a drawing i saw on majestichonda's website(dealer, sells parts)
the gas is just a metal frame with a plastic cover over it, not like the brake and clutch that have rubber over the metal.

Should i drill through and tighten it to the plastic? Or should I remove the plastic, somehow stick a piece of metal over the frame of the pedal, and drill through that?

thanks for the help, srry long post

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just drilled through the accel. pedal, through the plastic. It's better anyways because it slightly raises the gas pedal when you install the pedal...better for heel toe that is.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I did the same thing. This is a stupid question, but what drill bit did you use to drill through the metal pedals? It's decently thick metal, and I broke one of my dad's bits trying to do it, so right now I only have the gas pedal on, which is stupid.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my instructions said 5mm (damn SI units) and the closet was 4.76mm- 3/16"

that seemed to work fine, and then my father helped me drilll the second hole in the top left of the brake which i just couldnt do (and neither could he, he actually mounted the new pedal plate and using it as a guide to drill the second hole :hehe ). He claimed that the bit was wayyyy to big and he experimented by drilling into a wooden post until he found a bit that made the screw fit snugly, which was 5/32"

also, how did u guys place the brake? i had to shift it over so it didnt even cover all over the original pedal. the "root" of the brake was in the way from the proper placement, not that putting the brake nearer to gas in a lude is such a bad thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.