Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so as the title states I am new to the whole tuning scene, well that is the actual working on tuning my car part. I am an avid mechanic who has taken 3 years of auto tech, the only reason I state that is to prove I am not completely clueless. SO here is my real question though, I just picked up a 99 Integra LS(although) auto it only had 58k miles on it so I figured it was a good deal. Anyways being automatic I know there isn't too much I can do to improve the performance of my car, but I was wondering is there anything I can add to it i.e. cold air intake,catback,etc. that would increase performance without being too expensive considering I am only in high school. Thanks to everyone who reads this and responds. :-D

-5000...indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
welcome to SHO :number1 forums are the place to go to learn about cars
so what are your goals for your car? as in...what are you planning to do with the car (daily driver, auto x, strip, ect...) and what would be your budget for the car? me personally i would look into a auto to manual swap. that would benefit you alot since auto transmissions cant take the beating that an auto would. for something small to add, you could always do a short ram intake, one of the cheaper mods out there. take a look around the forums, youll learn alot
quikflip <---in hs too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
you said it pretty much you can add intake a short ram or cold air a header nothing crazy and a exhust and if you wanted to do a lil more you could add pullies intake manifold or even cams you could get a good set for around $400 or even a small shot of nos if you wanted to those are all small things that you could do to your daily driver integra and it be fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I think I am going the intake routew firstly, just case that seems like it would be the easiet to do. For the auto to Manual swap, how much does that go for(like a ballpark) casue I wanna see if it is even feasible in my situation.

-5000...indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I just got an automatic L.S To by force. I Wont to know if its a good idea to set it up 4 auto x or a little local touge action what kind of mods should I start out with need lots of info u guys are the best just tring to work with what I got
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,144 Posts
Collicchio said:
Yea I think I am going the intake routew firstly, just case that seems like it would be the easiet to do. For the auto to Manual swap, how much does that go for(like a ballpark) casue I wanna see if it is even feasible in my situation.

-5000...indeed
Welcome to SHO. :)

We still need to know what you are planning to do with the car before we can make a worthwhile recommendation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,144 Posts
m-spec said:
I just got an automatic L.S To by force. I Wont to know if its a good idea to set it up 4 auto x or a little local touge action what kind of mods should I start out with need lots of info u guys are the best just tring to work with what I got
For autocross, it's best to start out stock, then modify as you think necessary after you get some good seat time and decide on what class you want to run in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,247 Posts
my friend colin roasted people in his auto LS.

but he has gone full race and swapped it into a manual trans and caged it up.

you should be ok with just a good intake, etc.

bolt ons would be fine :tu

good luck, ask any questions...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I should have specified I want it to be a daily driver, but one that packs a little buit of a punch ya know. How hard on like a 1-10 scale would it be to put in a short ram, cause I found a good deal on an AEM one from an onlie site and was wondering if I should try to get it in before school is over so I can use there shop.

-5000...indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,806 Posts
Collicchio said:
Sorry, I should have specified I want it to be a daily driver, but one that packs a little buit of a punch ya know. How hard on like a 1-10 scale would it be to put in a short ram, cause I found a good deal on an AEM one from an onlie site and was wondering if I should try to get it in before school is over so I can use there shop.

-5000...indeed
It is a 1 on ascale of 10. An intake is the easiest thing to do to a car. Start looking around froums and junkyard for manual parts. The easiest way to get a manual swap is to sell your car and then buy one that has a stick to begin with....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,247 Posts
Collicchio said:
Sorry, I should have specified I want it to be a daily driver, but one that packs a little buit of a punch ya know. How hard on like a 1-10 scale would it be to put in a short ram, cause I found a good deal on an AEM one from an onlie site and was wondering if I should try to get it in before school is over so I can use there shop.

-5000...indeed
on that scale, a 1.

personally, it's the same difference as putting a drop in filter into your air box.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top