Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guy I have a few thing I need answerd about turboing? I have a friend with 92 civic hatch automadtic and he is going to put a t4 turbo on it with all stock internels and he said he is going to ran it at 10 PSI with like he is saying 170 wheel hp? Can this be done? or is he going to blow he's motor? Thanks for any info on this????:confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???:eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Man hope to get more info then that???

·
Registered
320 Posts
What more info do you want? He will end up spinning a rod bearing, or cracking the cylinder sleeve. What motor is it? 1.6? 1.5? Regardless, it will blow. I wouldn't touch that motor if I were him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a t25 or t28 would run really nice on there, or even a smaller t3/to4e like a .48 a/r turbine and a .50 a/r 57trim compressor.
either way, something ALOT smaller than a straight t4
:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a 1.6 non vtec with no mod at all on it!! and it slow as hell now you guys think the tubo is going to be worth it?? I going to do a high conperssons motor like 11:1?

·
Registered
171 Posts
well I wouldnt recomend a t4 at all and if he is going to be boosting 10lbs he will need to change out the rods unless he's running a b16, for a d16 (w rods and pistons preferably) a excellent street turbo, I would go with a T3 Super60,.48comp a/r and .48 exhaust a/r, that turbo will spool super quick, and is good for 300 hp on the compressor side.

The d16 motors are really only reliable up to about 6-7lbs of boost, Ive seen people run 10lbs before but they just dont last as long. Hell I even saw a guy run 15lbs on a stock d16 before but the rods only lasted a week before he threw a rod and ruined his motor. If your friend is really planning on running 10lbs of boost he really needs to invest in some rods, pistons, head studs,and a good head gasket. just my 2 cents...

Laters...
[email protected]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts