Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The current Toyota Avalon is often noted to have the quiet ride and interior comfort of Lexus sedans, but at a Toyota price. Despite that, the Avalon sells in relatively small numbers, possibly because the Toyota Camry is so much cheaper than the Avalon, or possibly because the Avalon has somewhat dated, squared-off styling. Word from insiders in Japan, however, reports that the next generation Avalon will have much more modern styling, with a long, rounded roofline sweeping into a high tail. The windshield slopes down to a fairly short, curving hood, and tall, narrow headlights sweep up the front fenders. The overall result is a thoroughly new, modern look for Toyota's flagship sedan.

Along with the new styling comes an upgrade to the latest Camry platform, since the current Avalon is now built on the last-generation Camry platform. The new Avalon will be stretched in length for extra interior room. Rear-seat legroom is said to be equal to or more than the big Lexus LS430. The engine will also be upgraded to a new 3.5-liter V-6 producing 270 hp.

This artist's sketch gives an idea of what this new, longer Avalon will look like when it is introduced for the 2005 model year.

TCC

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Type_R_Nammer said:
Looks like a super stretched Prius
yep2...........................

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Type_R_Nammer said:
This design doesnt attract me at all
i rather drive the car in your sig :D damn i tot it was opel DTM

·
Registered
275 Posts
divinewisdom said:

The current Toyota Avalon is often noted to have the quiet ride and interior comfort of Lexus sedans, but at a Toyota price. Despite that, the Avalon sells in relatively small numbers, possibly because the Toyota Camry is so much cheaper than the Avalon, or possibly because the Avalon has somewhat dated, squared-off styling. Word from insiders in Japan, however, reports that the next generation Avalon will have much more modern styling, with a long, rounded roofline sweeping into a high tail. The windshield slopes down to a fairly short, curving hood, and tall, narrow headlights sweep up the front fenders. The overall result is a thoroughly new, modern look for Toyota's flagship sedan.

Along with the new styling comes an upgrade to the latest Camry platform, since the current Avalon is now built on the last-generation Camry platform. The new Avalon will be stretched in length for extra interior room. Rear-seat legroom is said to be equal to or more than the big Lexus LS430. The engine will also be upgraded to a new 3.5-liter V-6 producing 270 hp.

This artist's sketch gives an idea of what this new, longer Avalon will look like when it is introduced for the 2005 model year.

TCC

Man...that thing looks very, very nasty. :err

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Type_R_Nammer said:
Where the heck you get an Opel DTM from =P

I thought it was clearly a Civic in my sig.
the shape.. check out DTM cars..there is one look like dat civic

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
divinewisdom said:
That has to be the most blatently fake and worst photochop I have EVER seen. Does anyone else see a civic sedan under all the PS crap?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts