Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new user with 2006 si

whats going on im a new user who just bought a 2006 honda civic si in black with the optional 18 inch high factory performance rims. i gotta get a pic and post it once i learn how to work this site. anyways ive had it for a couple of months and i feel that ive broken it in enough to start modifying the engine. i was thinking about getting an intake to start which i need help picking- i need the best quality and reliability thats out there. i also want to learn how to install this part and need someone to tell me what to look up to learn about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im new here but ive already picked up quite a bit...From the feedback, it seems that Injen makes some nice CAI's for Honda's that add a nice tone to the engine noise...However, since the 2006 Si's are so fresh...there probably arent many reviews on aftermarket parts yet...Your best bet is either if you know someone personally who has added anything to their's or reading a review out of a HondaTuning mag or something like that...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Google intake for 06 SI and I'm sure something will come up. It's pretty much take the plastic box and tube out put the new one in. I'm not sure if you have a sensor but that should just clip off and on if you have one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
installing a AEM intake for 06 si

i bought an AEM dry cold air intake the other day and im gonna install it on my 06 si. is there anyone whos installed an intake on an 06 si because ive heard its a little more complicated than the old ones and im an ameture so id like to hear any tips or anything ive gotta pay attention to. they said that when it comes itll have instructions also so im probly being a little overcautious because ive never worked on a car b4.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Why do you want to get an intake for the SI? The Si come with a Sport intake system factory. It has the stainless steel pipe and the filter. It would just be a waste of money. You wont be gaining any power. If i were you I would go check out hondata and get a K pro. :number1 Definately worth it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
turbotious kid said:
Why do you want to get an intake for the SI? The Si come with a Sport intake system factory. It has the stainless steel pipe and the filter. It would just be a waste of money. You wont be gaining any power. If i were you I would go check out hondata and get a K pro. :number1 Definately worth it.
WHAT are you talking about? Look at the lower right, and show me where the stainless steel pipe and filter is.

It's not a waste of money. For the short ram intake even, Fujita has a dyno chart proving 11whp and a little less than 9 ft/lbs torque. Imagine what a CAI would do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.