Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I just got a 06 ex accord. Had to get the 4 door for my kid. But I want to customize it so it is unique to me. I already bought the viper 2 way responder auto start and I am looking for what my first upgrades to this car i should do. I would like to go for the more show/classy look. Chrome rims and all. So please anyone help me decide what to do first. tks.
JOEY

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
im not a fan of show, but you can get some nice 18's or even 19's on there, lower the car maybe 1.5" for better handling and a more aggressive stance, maybe a lip kit (i dont know if any are out yet for the 06), exhaust, the list goes on and on.. depends how deep your pockets are and how far you want to go with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A 1.5" drop will be a waist of money as the stock suspension will sag almost that much anyway, do a 2" drop, 18" wheels and find a body kit or lip that you like, don't listen to anyone who will tell you show is for ricers or w/e.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Fr0z3N said:
A 1.5" drop will be a waist of money as the stock suspension will sag almost that much anyway, do a 2" drop, 18" wheels and find a body kit or lip that you like, don't listen to anyone who will tell you show is for ricers or w/e.
stock suspension does not sag 1.5". i wish i knew where you came up with that :confused any drop on quality springs and struts will greatly improve handling as the car will have a lower center of gravity resulting in much better handling. a 1.5" drop is optimal, as the ride quality will not suffer so much, it is enough to feel quite a difference in handling, and will give the car a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Fr0z3N said:
:lol2 your an idiot, please never post here again

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
domscivic said:
:lol2 your an idiot, please never post here again
finally!! someone else who has some knowlege of something posted in this thread besides me!! thanks dom.. ;)

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Fr0z3N said:
Just going off what I've been told, not my problem you have to be a jackass about it.
you should not go off what you have been told in the first place; rather, you should be speaking from first hand experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tks for the insight on the springs and everything else. I was thinking of going with some lowering springs and 18'' chrome rims. I am going to be removing the little mud flaps because they look gay. My next move from there will be to add a pioneer avic-z1 dvd/navigation and get rid of all of my stock speakers.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
usc21 said:
tks for the insight on the springs and everything else. I was thinking of going with some lowering springs and 18'' chrome rims. I am going to be removing the little mud flaps because they look gay. My next move from there will be to add a pioneer avic-z1 dvd/navigation and get rid of all of my stock speakers.
dont skimp out on suspension. do some research on that, and go with quality. you will end up saving yourself a headache in the long run. if your getting lowering springs, get quality struts that can properly dampen them, and are meant for lowering. check out the brake/suspension forum, the faq's are very helpfull over there.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
before you even you touch your car you shoukd do some research. suspension is the most critical part of your ride. good part can make a helluva diffrence for the good. reason why quality parts cost money is because of the r&d put into the part.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
DO NOT GO CHROME!

they are SUPER heavy....and that's unsprung weight.

bad for:
1) performance
2) fuel economy
3) your transmission

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
DO NOT GO CHROME!

they are SUPER heavy....and that's unsprung weight.

bad for:
1) performance
2) fuel economy
3) your transmission

damn i really wanted to go chrome...maybe polished black with a chrome lip. first things first..suspension..what are your suggestions to getting the best ones. price is not so much a factor but i dont want to blow my load on it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Full coilovers if you ever intend to track your car a lot (jic or tein make good coilovers for the accord)

koni yellows paired w/ H&R sport springs if you don't need height adjustability

tokico blues and H&R sport springs if you don't need damper adjustability.

i carry all of them except the jic's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
Full coilovers if you ever intend to track your car a lot (jic or tein make good coilovers for the accord)

koni yellows paired w/ H&R sport springs if you don't need height adjustability

tokico blues and H&R sport springs if you don't need damper adjustability.

i carry all of them except the jic's

again i wont be tracking my car i am going for a classy show look to it. so i want something that will make my car look good but not take away from the confort

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.