Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
49,788 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems useless to me really, unless you're always in a wifi hotspot that is. most places don't offer it for free without some kind of security. and the fact that it isn't a cellphone kind of turns me off.

seems like a good idea, but i don't see it working out too well.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
seems useless to me really, unless you're always in a wifi hotspot that is. most places don't offer it for free without some kind of security. and the fact that it isn't a cellphone kind of turns me off.

seems like a good idea, but i don't see it working out too well.
its like a miniture laptop.. like if you just want to chill in bed and watch a movie without havin to sit at your computer desk to talk to friends.. i mean i see what your saying and i agree.. i just know i would find use for it

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's where i first saw it is youtube.

seems like too much of a niche market to me. i like the concept, don't get me wrong, but the functionality seems a little off base for some reason. if the price is decent, it would be a great alternative for a kid instead of a cell phone i think... especially with the integrated skype... and opera is a helluva browser, i have it on my 9300.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
its not going to be cheap either...the myspace psp group was talking about it.

the US needs to hook up wireless for free somehow thruout the nation..den things like these will be worth something

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
its not going to be cheap either...the myspace psp group was talking about it.

the US needs to hook up wireless for free somehow thruout the nation..den things like these will be worth something
lol that would be hot

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
domscivic said:
lol that would be hot
i heard in class that some states or citys are planning to do it..i mean it wouldnt be bad for us to pay a fee or tax each year or month on wireless thru out the city

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
i heard in class that some states or citys are planning to do it..i mean it wouldnt be bad for us to pay a fee or tax each year or month on wireless thru out the city
yea i know some cities are plannin on doing it.. but they would have to have really strict security

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
it would be crazy...but i wonder how it would all work..
i dont know but i know i wouldnt trust it being connected to it 24/7. its not hard to get into computers on wireless networks.. trust me.. i do it to people in my neighborhood all the time.. and then ill print stuff off on their printer like.. god is watching

lol

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
domscivic said:
i dont know but i know i wouldnt trust it being connected to it 24/7. its not hard to get into computers on wireless networks.. trust me.. i do it to people in my neighborhood all the time.. and then ill print stuff off on their printer like.. god is watching

lol
how do i do that with my printer? do i need to buy anything? im running a wireless network at home.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
how do i do that with my printer? do i need to buy anything? im running a wireless network at home.
well theres two ways that you can do it.. you can hook it directly to a computer and share it

control panel>printers and faxes>right click your printer thats set up on computer and click share
then on any other computer just go to printers and faxes, click on set up a new printer, then search your network for printers and you should find it. the rest of it from there is pretty self explanitory

the second way is you can buy a device that connects directly into the router and then you connect your printer to that and it will assign the printer an ip address and then just search for it on the network the same way you would do in the first way to do it

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
domscivic said:
well theres two ways that you can do it.. you can hook it directly to a computer and share it

control panel>printers and faxes>right click your printer thats set up on computer and click share
then on any other computer just go to printers and faxes, click on set up a new printer, then search your network for printers and you should find it. the rest of it from there is pretty self explanitory

the second way is you can buy a device that connects directly into the router and then you connect your printer to that and it will assign the printer an ip address and then just search for it on the network the same way you would do in the first way to do it
thanks

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
domscivic said:

lol
:lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

GOD IS WATCHING

that must really freak some people out :lmao

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
AlSi said:
just a note of caution nation, setting your computer up for file & printer sharing opens up a huge security hole for anyone else to get into your computer.
as in they can print off my printer also? doesnt the network security prevent that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.