Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first off I don't care if I get a v-6 or 4 cyl. My questions are what are some of the problems you have had with your accord? Do you have any complaints about the car? What is the most I should spend on an Ex with 100 k on it. I am looking at cars in very good or great condition.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
Turbo 95 said:
OK first off I don't care if I get a v-6 or 4 cyl. My questions are what are some of the problems you have had with your accord? Do you have any complaints about the car? What is the most I should spend on an Ex with 100 k on it. I am looking at cars in very good or great condition.
don't get the v6 for that year. there was practically nothing at all performance wise for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,716 Posts
Been looking at Accords for 96-97 and the price for about 100k is anywhere between 7k-8k for the years im looking for.
The year you are looking for should be around 5-6k for a good condition, I would not pay more than 7k for a 94-95 unless it was immaculate and no problems at all.

V6 are slow as hell on the highway and a four will beat its ass. On the other hand, Al's four banger makes a 2003 v6 look kinda slow.......loll:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo 95 said:
OK first off I don't care if I get a v-6 or 4 cyl. My questions are what are some of the problems you have had with your accord? Do you have any complaints about the car? What is the most I should spend on an Ex with 100 k on it. I am looking at cars in very good or great condition.
I'm no longer interested in performance. I just want a car to drive everyday and not tinker with.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
Re: Re: Newbie 94-95 accord questions.

Turbo 95 said:
I'm no longer interested in performance. I just want a car to drive everyday and not tinker with.
well in that case, accords are very reliable especially if you're not going to tinker with it. no real problems until the mileage gets really high, then after that it's just a question of how well you are maintaining your car. w/ regular tune ups, the accord will last forever. :tu2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
94-95 EX should run about $5,000 range in good condition.

Some minor problems with the 5th gen accords are:
- broken antenna mast
- faulty door lock module
- weak power windows (front driver/passenger)
- problem with oil seals (dealer wil fix for free)
....that's all I can think of right now.


car performance wise, it's really reliable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
white accord 94 said:
94-95 EX should run about $5,000 range in good condition.

Some minor problems with the 5th gen accords are:
- broken antenna mast
- faulty door lock module
- weak power windows (front driver/passenger)
- problem with oil seals (dealer wil fix for free)
....that's all I can think of right now.


car performance wise, it's really reliable.
Hahaha...that explains exactly how mine is right now except for the oil seals thing. I got mine for $3400 with 105K on it. Its an LX though....wanted and EX, but It was a good deal. Car runs great, except that i f'd up my alignment somehow.

Most EXs that i've found and looked at were right around 4-5 grand. Most of them were autos too. Hard as hell to find a 5spd. Wasnt really searching for LXs but they are a little cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
i have a 96 and im happy w/ it. personally, i think the 96-97 accords look betther thand the 94-95. i dunno maybe b/c i am biest:confused:
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
i have a 96 and im happy w/ it. personally, i think the 96-97 accords look betther thand the 94-95. i dunno maybe b/c i am biest:confused:
i think the 94-95 is better than the 96-97....

94/95 = obd1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,559 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
i think the 94-95 is better than the 96-97....

94/95 = obd1
good point... but i still love my 96'... just means ill have to work a llittle harder to make things right.. thats all:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
i think the 94-95 is better than the 96-97....

94/95 = obd1
I think so too....Dont like the chrome grill, tail lights, and funky styled rims on the 96-97 either. Chose a 95 lx over a 96 ex that i coulda got cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Why do you think OBD1 is better than 2?
I would definately go with the V6 if you dont care about aftermarket mods, more power to get you over hills and passing and stuff. 94-95 looks better than the 96-97? c'mon, the 96-97 looks way cleaner and like more time was put into its looks. (front bumper, rear trunklid and taillights and no electric antenna that is going to be broken when you buy the car, amongst other things.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
odbI > obdII for modding. but in his case it should matter since he's not going to be 'tinkering' w/ it. i like the 94/95's better. better 1 piece tail lights, no chrome bling bling on the grill and above the rear license plate. 94/95 have much better looking stock front and rear lips than 96-97 which are just flat/plain. 94/95 EX stock wheels look much better than 96/97's as well. if you dont want an antenna mast then get a coupe 94/95.

5th gen v6 arent much more powerful at all...
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
5gen av6 = shitty performance, shitty engine and more expensive parts if it breaks down from what i've seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
just buy the car that was the taken care of the best by the previous owner....that's the main thing that matters....

you can always change those other little things with less money then if you ran into a big problem......

i had 94-loved it stock, loved it modded.......

i think 96-97 is a little more classy, less sporty....
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top