Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my 94EX's wheels from the stock steelies to some 16" Fox5s. I have 205/45-16 Kumho Ecsta 712's on 'em.

A little background for me:

My other car is a 95M-edition Miata with upgraded suspension and RE-730s. My idea of good handling and neutrality of suspension is based on that. I drive my Miata hard. I drive my Civic hard, too, but since the suspension is stock, I can't drive it anywhere near its potential.

My question:

I have been experiening rub with these new wheels and I think I'm gonna remove the plastic and hammer the weld in the wheel well. I assume spray-on undercoating is recommended to protect it from muck, right?

Also, my Miata has a fairly agressive alignment.

I am looking for alignment specs that are agressive, but are still comfortable to drive on the street. For example. I'm not interested in 0 toe, but making it as low as possible is attractive.

Also, what size sways are recommended for good performace, but neutral handling?

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Your rubbing on 16's? Try rolling in the fenders a little that seems to help. Try 1 degree of positive camber. That usually is a all around perfect degree for me. On the sways I would recommend you going with factory ITR sways. They aernt overkill but just perfectly balanced. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.