Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
You're moving to Vancouver BC?

Huh, interesting.

There is a newspaper called "The Province".. there are alot of places for rent... where about do u want to be resided?.. Downtown? N. Van, W. Van, Richmond, PoCo, PoMo?...

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
well just to let you know.. Vancouver has some of the most priciest properties in Canada.. I would suggest living just outside of Vancouver.. Surrey has some nice areas (fraser heights).. Langley (walnut grove area).. As soon as you get over the bridge into Vancouver.. the prices sky rocket... why are you moving here?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so basically, stay away from the city...actually i figured cuz it's like that everywhere. i dun know man, i probably will have to stay there up to 4 months. to b honest, i m waiting for the visa to b issued to me from USA site. during this period of time, i'll have to find a place n support myself. Maybe YMCA would b a good option? man, i m really confusing now :(

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
tntttt said:
how abt this address "955 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y2
do u recognize it? how's the area? plz help:(

Yes that is a VERY nice area.. im not sure how much you're willing to spend.. but you could live in a nice high rise around there for sure.. see that whole sorta island there is the downtown core.. you DONT want to live on the downtown eastside..

here you go.. sorry the font is small..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What? that's a nice area? wow, cuz it's the address of YMCA....um...interesting.

btw, do u have the information of local performance shops like phone number, websites n stuff. i might try to look for job opportinity viz them. Maybe u'll c me later on in one of the shops :D

as for the expense, could u plz give me a rough run down or so? back in TX, i had a car which comes w/ insurance, gas n maintaince, apt, n some living expense. all of them cost me US$1200 to $1500. I was just ok. I m sure the expense for me in Canada wun b as much since i only plan to have a bicycle to get around the area.

hey, hotboy, i've really appreciated all the effort u put in...the information has been very useful, thx bro.:cool:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
tntttt said:
What? that's a nice area? wow, cuz it's the address of YMCA....um...interesting.

btw, do u have the information of local performance shops like phone number, websites n stuff. i might try to look for job opportinity viz them. Maybe u'll c me later on in one of the shops :D

as for the expense, could u plz give me a rough run down or so? back in TX, i had a car which comes w/ insurance, gas n maintaince, apt, n some living expense. all of them cost me US$1200 to $1500. I was just ok. I m sure the expense for me in Canada wun b as much since i only plan to have a bicycle to get around the area.

hey, hotboy, i've really appreciated all the effort u put in...the information has been very useful, thx bro.:cool:
www.garagefive.net.com is your ultimate source.. garagefive is a club / shop
unit #3 - 11671 bridgeport road
richmond, bc v6x 1t5
hours 11am-6pm mon-saturday
phone: 604.278.4339
fax: 604.278.4605
inquiries: [email protected]
Here are directions to garagefive.. its in richmond.. if you look at that map I showed you earlier, you will see that richmond is just south of "vancouver", although richmond is considered vancouver.

Also check out www.revscene.net
This site is just like superhonda.. but its based totally out of British Columbia... the board is huge.. and there is alot of info there for you, I suggest you check it out.

Rent: Monthly rent payments can be from around $600 for a decent place to $1,500 pending on area..

Insurance is expensive out here.. we have one corporation for insurance that everyone has to use.. its called ICBC (insurance corportation of British Columbia).. they are assholes.. hmm for me to insure my 93 Civic cost me $2,000 / year.. you can pay monthly tho with autoplan.

Ya so if you're planning to just ride your bike around that would be great.. The only thing you will have to worry about is your rent payments, phone, and food bills or whatever.. anymore questions just ask.. sorry I took so long to reply.. peace

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$2000/yr for ur Civic? u must have some tickets, ya? cuz it's way too much.......anyways, i dun have to worry abt that tho cuz i m not gonna have a car over there. i dun have to worry abt phone bills either cuz i dun plan to hook up a line. All i have to concern is the probably, the rent, and foods. But i eat simply tho so i shouldn't b a problem hopefully.

i think as soon as i get there, i need to buy a map.

anyways, it's been great that u r willing to help me out. Thx again, doll. :D

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Ya its not that hard to learn where you are after you live here for a few months.. you kinda get the feel for things.. there are alot of bridges in Vancouver.. alot of congested traffic.. We have sky train.. and it is very popular if you wanna get from the west end all the way to Surrey.. Sky Train is a great source for transportation.
Hope you enjoy Vancouver, its a beautiful city!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.